Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just bought a 08 Automatic , I want to know it it is normal for it to be a bit slow to change gear . I used to drive a fiat 1.2 so I'm not used to the smaller engine yet. So don't know if its normal to feel the car change gear would be greatful for any help :confused:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
No experience with Peugeot Autoboxes but I did once have a Citroen C4 Auto as a demonstrator for a week. Couldn't wait to give it back. The gear change was frightening because it took so long. I'd be catching up with a car in front on the motorway, indicate and pull out, foot down on the accelerator and the damn thing would drop a cog, slow down for a second or two then eventually start to accelerate to eventually pass. Decided there and then that a modern auto is not the car for me.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Autos on small engines dont tend to work well but on bigger engines they are brilliant

Autos need plenty torque which small engines tend not to produce so the boxes feel slow you can get used to it though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I am now getting used to the gear change and its not so bad. need to put my foot down when pulling out at busy junction and have had to get used to using the hand brake to stop roll back witch my last car did not do. but I am finding it more fun to drive. just have to keep reminding my self she's only little lol

·
6,462 Posts
I think the gearbox fitted to your car in not a true auto but a automated manual therefore it will not hold on a hill and they can be slow to change gear

There have been a few software updates to try and address the gear change speed/quality so maybe worth getting a dealer to check if it has latest version (only dealers have access to the server for software updates)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the gearbox fitted to your car in not a true auto but a automated manual therefore it will not hold on a hill and they can be slow to change gear

There have been a few software updates to try and address the gear change speed/quality so maybe worth getting a dealer to check if it has latest version (only dealers have access to the server for software updates)
Oh cool thanks, I will do that, I want to get it serviced in the new year so I can ask when I take it in :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts