Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Please help. Every time I accelerate, brake or go round a tight bend in my 1998 Peugeot 206 there is a sloshing noise which seems to come from the passenger side door or footwell area. My guess is that there is water in the nearside door sill.

Can anyone tell me how I can drain the water. It's doing my head in. I've had a quick look for drainage holes underneath but nothing jumps out at me.

Please help. It's driving me insane. Many thanks. Ben

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sounds like the water has got in via the window seal. This sounds drastic, but I would look to drilling 3 or 4 holes to drain the water. The dampness inside may otherwise affect the electrics within the door. Drill a small lead hole first and then enlarge it to about 4mm. Coat the cut edge with some anti-rust chemical.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Benhodge83 said:
Hi there. Please help. Every time I accelerate, brake or go round a tight bend in my 1998 Peugeot 206 there is a sloshing noise which seems to come from the passenger side door or footwell area. My guess is that there is water in the nearside door sill.

Can anyone tell me how I can drain the water. It's doing my head in. I've had a quick look for drainage holes underneath but nothing jumps out at me.

Please help. It's driving me insane. Many thanks. Ben
Don`t panic its in the sills , jack your car up at the back then feel/look under the sill you will find drainage points , they look like overlapping metal drive a flat head screwdriver into these (give it a thump with a hammer nothing inside you can damage) and wiggle , these get blocked with crap, water will then run out.

G

·
Swollocks is right. It's common on the 206 and 406.

Do as Swollocks advises, then wait til it's a warm day and pump the sills full of Waxoyl or Bilt Hamber to stop them corroding from inside out, and keep an eye on the drain holes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys

Thanks for your suggestions guys. It's definately not in the doors. So I think the sills are a good bet.

I'll jack her up at the weekend and find these drainage holes.

Cheers. Ben.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.