Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 2006 1.6 litre 206 with 38,000kms and the clutch is slipping on hills and has apparently been doing so since about 25,000kms.
Are there any known issues with 206 clutches?
I have two suspects for the clutch slipping one is the dealer and the second is her partner who she allows to drive the car, a big bloke and heavy handed.
Leaving the partner out of this, the problem started not long after the car was serviced at the local dealer. The car was riven home about 5 kms after the service and parked overnight. The following morning my daughter started the car to drive to work and it wouldn't run properly, she called the auto club and she was advised that the car was not to be driven and had to be taken back to the dealer by tow truck as the engine oil was way over full, how much I don't know. Do any of you think that maybe the rear engine seal has leaked and caused the clutch to slip? I haven't seen the car for some time so don't know if there is any oil leaks underneath.

G

·
The only suspect 206 clutch is on the 2 litre HDi 90. These originals can slip, but fitting an LuK clutch cures it.

Overfilling with oil shouldn't blow the crank seal as the breathers should take care of the excees pressure, unless they've been neglected to death.

Assuming nothings broken or fallen off, a slipping clutch is caused by wear, and wear is down to either mileage or driving style. Go give her feller a good hiding ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
And here was me thinking it was the women who slip the clutch too much....:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
the family money

In the Tianjin Academy of Fine Arts student, I was the leader of Fine. Not willing to do after graduating high school art teacher, was just 5 years ago, 22 years old, I insisted on going to Japan and development. To this end, I have spent all the family money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts