Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or "Do take your car to the car wash, or do you writhe around in the soapy suds, and let the world admire your tight. firm, body through the wet t-shirt?"

In other words, if you wash you car yourself, what do you use? Anything special, like Turtlewax colour stuff, or just plain car soap? I'm asking, because after a couple decades of taking cars to the car wash, the recession has kicked in, and I'm going to wash the thing myself. I saw some Turtlewax for green cars, with a touch-up pen? Would this be any good on my metallic green 307? I've just opted for a 10 litre bottle of general car wash soap (again, Turtlewax - not much choice here...) But any recommendations?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
As far as using washing up liquid, there's nothing to say you can't use it, but it's worth remembering that washing up liquid has a high content of salt in it, which is what helps get those dishes clean, and if used on car body work, can make it go flat over a long period of use.
Personally I've always used Autoglym body work shampoo, gives a great shine, cleans well, and isn't not to expensive.
I'm sure other people will say different, but at the end of the day, just use what ever you find the best for you.

Lee

·
Registered
77 Posts
a nice clean car is what you want

hi all i also use autoglym i think its one of the best on the market for the price you pay as it not that dear and they do a full range from the interior to the exterior cleaning products and the Extra Gloss Protection liquid wax ive found to be the best for Metallic paint work :thumb:

G

·
I'm not an AG fan, though I use it because it seems to suit dark paint colours well. With winter approaching I get a few layers of AutoBalm on the car for unequalled protection, although the finish it gives looks a little greasy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts