Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sometimes noticed my clutch pedal gets a bit 'stuck' and doesn't come back all the way when letting my foot off.

It doesn't affect using the clutch or driving in any other way it's just a bit annoying and a little odd and I was wondering if it's a common issue and expensive to get sorted?

·
Registered
978 Posts
First of all, check that if you have footwell overmats fitted that it hasn't slipped down a bit and is catching the pedal when depressed.

This happened to me last year when people were posting about this big problem with the clutch pedal. I thought I was OK and then a couple of days later it happened to us! A few minutes reclipping the overmat cured the fault.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all, check that if you have footwell overmats fitted that it hasn't slipped down a bit and is catching the pedal when depressed.

This happened to me last year when people were posting about this big problem with the clutch pedal. I thought I was OK and then a couple of days later it happened to us! A few minutes reclipping the overmat cured the fault.
Did think that might've been it, but I checked and in my case it doesn't seem to the issue unfortunately.

It's weird, if I've noticed it's done it I can put my foot underneath the pedal and it just needs a ever so slight nudge and it'll 'ping' up.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Check the level of the brake fluid as the clutch is fed from the brake reservoir and if it gets too low it stops feeding the clutch this can make the pedal go low but it could also be a bad cylinder/return spring.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Could be a bit of friction anywhere round the clutch pedal. Worth spraying some PTFE lubricant up at the top end of the pedal where the push rod joins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could be the clutch pedal spring. There is a Peugeot Bulletin on this. If you take it to Peugeot they will replace it under warranty.

I'm having issues atm. Had clutch pedal string, new clutch and now a new master cylinder tomorrow. Unfortunately not a great model for clutch's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting to hear that is a Peugeot known thing, I'm wondering if it'd be worth giving my local dealer a call and mention it.

They sorted out my axle noise issue which was a known thing last year with the foam stuff, though I've now unfortunately noticed it slowly returning :(

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Unfortunately the foam fix just masks the true issue long enough to get them outside normal warranty they then hit you with wear and tear !!

They will no doubt say the clutch issue is NOT a known issue :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting to hear that is a Peugeot known thing, I'm wondering if it'd be worth giving my local dealer a call and mention it.

They sorted out my axle noise issue which was a known thing last year with the foam stuff, though I've now unfortunately noticed it slowly returning :(
Mines back tomorrow for a master cylinder which is apparently another Peugeot bulletin for customers experiencing the issue i'm experiencing.
They said that with the spring... then it had a clutch... So I mean... I'm suspecting something that begins with bull. Cars been a mare so far. Once (IF) it's fixed up i'm look at getting shot of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts