Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I run my 307SW on supermarket fuel (I know I know its bad) and I was using Millers Fuel Additive and ran out didnt use it for a few months.

So to start the process of and give my car a clean I bought the Millers One-Shot Boost added it to an almost empty tank as I filled up to the top.

It has been a few days since I done that and I have noticed the engine perk up a little and is a bit quieter (and maybe this is the reason why) but I have then noticed as oof yesterday that the turbo sounds noisier.. Its still the sort of swhishh noise turbo makes but just sounds louder than normal (with all windows shut) and like abit liquid flowing as the turbo gets going. It still seems to be functioning normal the turbo deffinately kicks in and can give the car a good push but I just wanted to make sure that this sounds normal and it doesn't mean its about to die and write my engine off.

After this One-Shot Boost I was going to use the One-Shot Injector Cleaner followed by the One-Shot DPF Cleaner then go back to using regular Millers Additive.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I dont buy into this supermarket fuel rubbish, it comes from the same places that the "better" fuel comes from.

and many people use supermarket fuel without problems.

I think more than likely a louder whooshing sound could be a boost leak, a split pipe somewhere which is known to happen.

though if there was a big enough leak you would notice lack of turbo boost.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well know I will slightly agree with the supermarket fuel thing because I use Morrisons fuel (which many people have complained about) and I notice a couple of months using it with no additive my engine is louder, the MPG is at a low and on top of that sitting still idling the car shudders. If I use Shell Fuel or Millers additive in Morrisons fuel those symptons go away. So there is deffinately a difference.

Yes the fuel comes from the same place but the more expensive places like Shell add stuff to their fuel - additives - which don't happen with the super market fuels hence they are cheaper you just need to add the additives in yourself.

Hmm As for the leak that doesn't sound good sounds like it might be expensive. The boost is still there as good as anything just pulled out behind someone going slow in a 70 put my foot down and it pulled away like a youthful car even with my wife kid and a load of stuff in the boot.

As long as its not going to cause more damage and an expensive bill I will live with it for now because I need to get all my brake pads and discs done which is expensive so will have to save up again for someone to look at the turbo then.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I use Tesco all the time, get better MPG from Tesco diesel than from shell nitro from the place just up the road from the tesco station. I find I get slightly better MPG if I use half a bottle of Redex to a tank of Tesco diesel but when you factor in the cost of the additive, the cost per mile isn't much cheaper. Because I now have a fuel card the cost doesn't affect me but still use a bottle of Redex every now and again (at my own cost) just to help clean the system out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is certainly interesting the different experiences. I deffinately find that Morri fuel is about 5 mpg less than our shell nitro diesel plus however if I use Millers Additive its around the same plus as I previously mentioned the car shuddering, performance and noise.

Morrisons fuel is 117.9 where as the Shell v-power nitro+ is I think arount 128.9 if I remember correctly (its been awhile since I was there) (Went to BP the other day and their premium diesel was 138.9!!!)

I can buy a bottle of Millers additive for around £5 on ebay a bottle. That one bottle lasts me around 8-10 top ups. So thats around 50p-62p per time I top up at Morrisons as opposed to around £5 extra per topup when using Shell.

Over the year I save over £100 using Morrisons fuel and additive together instead of shell fuel hence why I do it. Someone has told me to try using Sainsburys fuel as that seems much better than Morrisons so I might give it ago as there is one on my way home from work at the same price atm.

Redex seems quite expensive but then again are you meant to use half a bottle normally? The Millers has a little fill chamber and you only put a small squirt in each time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can't offer any advice on the turbo I'm afraid, but as for the fuel a mate of mine used to load tankers and also drive them (still drives them) He reckons that shell had their own tank and fill line at the tank farm and is the only fuel he uses as the supermarket stuff has to be filtered due to the crud in it including tiny particles of metal (microscopic), I suppose they must test it occasionally. I tend to use shell for that reason but I will use supermarket fuel if I get a discount voucher, shell only about 1p more expensive than sainsburys here, I use additives occasionally aswell just used forte diesel additive in all my vehicles expensive but very good. Haven't compaired the fuel economy between brands but my Nreg vw T4 pickup just went to Oswestry and back (443 miles) and only used half a tank:thumb: not bad for an old 2.4 non turbo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well running on Regular BP Diesel and the Millers OneShot boost my avg mpg went up around 4 however just as I was approaching the last bar of fuel or well double bar where the red is about to start I got two stacked errors

"Unblock Diesel Filter"
"Anti-Pollution Fault"

The first one I get every now and then I sit in queues alot to and from work so just take it out to the bypass occasionally which clears it for another couple of months. The second one though is new to me and the car went - i guess- into a limp mode where the turbo seemed to no longer work. I continued my journey (which included a bypass) and then let me car rest for half an hour while I shopped. When I came back out it was fine again and no errors since (2 days ago). I have topped up with Sainsburys fuel this time (as its rumoured to have better results then Morrisons) and this time used the Millers OneShot DPF Cleaner/Regenerator.

Within 2 days putting that in I have noticed my DPF is lower again but that could be the fuel source will see how it runs over the next 2 weeks (roughly how long my full tank lasts)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts