Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ...
Slightly gutted today,i had my cambelt and tensioners + water pump done today,then read thru my service history to find i didn't need it doing for another 29000 miles.....never mind its done now......

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
im with chrissy on this. if it makes you feel any better i had mine done by a dealer for £239, cambelt and kit all relevant recommended changes such as water pump. 30k miles before it should. for mine they recommend 100k miles or 10 years...got it changed at just before 70k miles.

but i say as a rule of thumb, dont know history? fully service and cambelt change asap, regardless of mileage. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ive always replaced the cambelt 1-2 weeks after i get a car as then i know its been done so many say its been done and its not been done plus puts your mind as ease knowing its been done :thumb:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone,i know i've done the right thing but had i known i may of waited just a month or so longer...and John,that was a good price for your job.was that on your peugeot or focus ?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
thats for my focus...my peugeot is now in car heaven in a scrap yard somewhere...or in your fridge as a drinks can :thumb:

but my timing belt on my 307 cost £200 by a dealer to be done. ;)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I don't bother changing cam belts on my cars. My good 'ol Cav did over 200k with no belt change.

Not going to bother on this 307 either - the belt breaks it goes to a scrappy.

·
11,778 Posts
I agree, unless the car is a real shed.

Pugs run and run and run, and this is evident by how so few there are in the scrappers. When I needed parts for my 306 I had to go all the way to Bury, and even then they only had one car in.

Although saying that it would be nice to populate a few more scrappies with 307s for parts!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like I should go and get mine done then....
Apparently it's due at about 92K on the 307 Diesel.
I'm on 103K. :eek:

Are dealers the best place to get this done?
I have a decent independent garage nearby, but will they know all the other parts to change at the same time?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Daemonchild, i would not use dealerships myself as their overheads are more,therefore the job usually costs more....a decent independant garage should know exactly what needs to be done,just give them a call ,tell them what you want doing and see what they say.....but i'd get your water pump done at the same time .....save doing the whole job again in a few months when the extra tension goes on the belt....and your water pump bearing goes.....

J

·
0 Posts
Any garage is capable, for a decent break even you could find an independent with a citroen/peugeot mechanic. I know a few in NorthEast

1 - 17 of 17 Posts