Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
32 days shy of her 5th birthday and the old girl has devolped a slight problem.

On rough roads I get a constant but slight knocking/rattle from the rear. I've emptied to boot of everythying, inluding spare and tool, but no joy. On smooth tarmac she wafts silently.

I've this morning fitted new ARB drop link (£16 for a pair), but no joy.

The exhaust is properly secure (not to mention almost entirely rust free - not bad for half a decade!) and not moving or catching anything.

It's not a big deal and isn't bugging me. I'm back in hospital for another operation on Thursday so won't be driving her anyway for 6 to 8 weeks, but I'd like to use the time to mull over the problem and try and find a solution. TBH, it's only quiet and with a CD changer full of Black Sabbath and QOTSA I have the capability to easily drown it out!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Chopper.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger Willco. I'll let you know what's found.

Cheers,

Chop

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah i have a very similar problem, its weird i thought it was a dodgy shock, or just the parcel sheld being funny with me. oh well will keep my eye on this one.

edit: i did forget to mention that when i had the wheel off just recently, there was a plastic/rubber thing that surrounds the shock that was loose and can move the entire lenth of the shock, might be that?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shrouds on my shocks appear tight and secure and don't seem to be catching on anything.

I've adjusted outwards the 2 rubber pretionsioning stops for the boot lid, see if that cures it. They were would right in, which didn't bode well. I'll let you know if that does it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been fiddling and winding out the rubber tensioning buttons on the bootlid has cured it. Must have been the whole bootlid moving and rattling the catch mechanism.

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction Swollocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts