Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!!!!!!

I have an issue with the elec sliding doors on my 807. The little wheels on the sliding rail failed so I fitted a new one and now the door only opens half way and the cables are really tight, I've tried following the procedures in Peugeot service box but it is still the same.

Does anyone have any knowledge of sorting the tension on these doors?

Thanks

Nelix

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Im not sure on this but it may be you have too much cable on 1 side of the reel and once it gets to the end it has to stop maybe release the tensioner open and close manually then retension.

To be honest i have removed and sold loads of these units over the years but have never fitted one :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Never changed.
Watch the cable on other door when it shuts door, on mine I have a coated part of wire towards rear. Could use that as a marker to compare either side.
My motor is a taxi and odd punter has jammed it and nowt will fix, apart from manually push door back then push shut.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been at it all day and nothing I do seems to work. Decided to open the part of the housing where the cables wind into and the plastic coating has split and the wire wasn't coiling into the grooves as it should, tried reseating the cables and putting it back together but still no joy.

Looks like I'll be buying a new one from the scrap yard and hopefully it will simply be a case of swapping the old one for the new.

Fingers crossed ?

Thanks for the advice/tips

Nelix

1 - 5 of 5 Posts