Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be warned that the oil in this box is expensive - £100 per litre to be precise. I have just had to flush a box and Peugeot recommend you flush it with six speed auto box oil. So £1400 for flushing and replacing the oil.

G

·
Quality fluid can be had for £20 a litre if you don't mind the word 'Motul' instead of 'Peugeot' on the container. Personally, I'd rather use the Motul than the pug stuff anyway. You're a sensible man (or woman!) for getting it properly flushed, instead of dropping the old oil and leaving several litres of the old stuff in the torque converter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Auto box fluid flush

Interested to hear you've done this. I did with a previous car [Volvo V70] but I can't find anyone willing to do it for my 407SW. I'm near Guildford.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My 308 Handbook states " No service or fluid change required for this gearbox" it has 4 speed Auto !!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Auto box fluid flush

Hi Tiptronic. Yes you are correct that the service guides all say that the system is "sealed for life". However, the way the box works generates small particles of metal as the box gets used & these are held in suspension gradually reducing the quality of the ATF. If you could inspect the colour it should be clear red but after 65k miles it will be dark grey & becoming more abrasive based on my previous experience. I intend to keep this car for a few years yet & I'm prepared to do more than the guides say is necessary like changing engine oil more often etc.

G

·
Hi Tiptronic. Yes you are correct that the service guides all say that the system is "sealed for life". However, the way the box works generates small particles of metal as the box gets used & these are held in suspension gradually reducing the quality of the ATF. If you could inspect the colour it should be clear red but after 65k miles it will be dark grey & becoming more abrasive based on my previous experience. I intend to keep this car for a few years yet & I'm prepared to do more than the guides say is necessary like changing engine oil more often etc.[/QUOTE

Don't put ATF into these boxes. It not correct for them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Auto box fluid flush

thanks Davidireland. Phaps I should not have used the generic word but I didn't know what else to call it! What is the correct name for the fluid in these boxes?

·
Registered
43 Posts
can you tell me do all 407 hdi 136 have 6 speed automatic boxes it lookes like that from pergeot specs the petrol has a 4 speed but the hdi has a 6 speed am i right just confused as some adds say 6 speed tip as a sale point

·
5,102 Posts
We test drive a petrol auto the other day and it was 6 speed

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there, I just bought 2nd hand 2004 407 v6 3.0 with six speed auto gear box. Wanted to change the transmission fluid. Any one know the right spec for the fluid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts