Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sinking roof on my 206, I have no sunroof but where the sunroof would be fitted is where my roof is sinking. I have seen this on another 206 and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
is your car parked under direct sunlight most of the time? if this is the case, pop it up from the inside if you can and park it in the shade too cool down doesnt help if your car is black either as the heat is making it expand and it will just want to sag, also just dont put water on it to cool it down cos it could crack the paint or make it bubble.

or even an alternative, get access to inside of the roof lining and pad it out with foam of some sort and that should hold its shape?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya

Thanks for your reply. Yes and no to it being parked in sunlight all day.

My sinking roof is more like crop circles!!!! 2 at the front and 2 at the back. I have tried to push the lining back up but it does not seem to do anything. I do wonder if the roof lining has come down, it makes a very strange noise when the roof is being washed, a sort of unstuck noise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah mine makes the noise aswell when you press it from the inside, i just thinks it the lining between the roof and the interior cloth, i think its made of heat insulator or something, i thought i cracked me roof at first but obviousley not? lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would not be good!!!!!

I am going to take my car to Peugoet on sat to their body shop and see how I get on, I just wish I had taken a picture of the 206 I saw with the same problem. I think people think I have sat on my roof!!!!! Fingers crossed they will be able to help me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.