Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I removed the DPF/CAT unit to find to my disappointment that it was a single unit rather than one that can be separated out as shown in most cleaning guides.

I was wondering whether there is any way to clean this? I assume jet washing through the catalytic converter would ruin it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone? I could do with ordering a new part fairly soon if there is no way to clean the one I have.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My answer rubbish :)
Haha, of course not. I was just going by what your signature says and wanting to double check.

I appreciate your answer and in reality I don't have much to lose I guess, just would be a bit annoying to refit the part to find out it hasn't helped.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gave it a wash out with the hose, a few kettles of boiling water and washing up liquid. This is what the 4th bucket of water looked like.

Planning on taking it to the local jet wash tonight and refitting at the weekend, assuming I can get it dry by then, will probably end up buying a cheap hot air gun to help with that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The engine gasses should do that when you run it!
I did think that, just wondered if the sensor that screws in after that cat may not like being wet, or may at least give an error due it it being wet.

I will dry it out as much as I can in a reasonable amount of time but won't worry too much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts