Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I start my 2012 2.0litre Allure the sat-nav screen displays "Sim card missing or incorrectly inserted. Deteriorated emergency call."

Does anybody know how to fix this problem, or would I have to get a new card? My Peugeot dealer here in France quotes €150.

Thanks. AQ

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Mine used to say that but I just ignored it, it's just to do with the inbuilt phone system. Do you actually have a SIM card inserted? It's the same sort of card that you have in your mobile phone, any SIM card from any phone provider will do. You insert it into a slot inside the glovebox next to the AV sockets, you can then make and receive phone calls through the radio speakers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sim card

Thanks that's interesting.
I was talking about the SD card in the slot centre bottom of the CD/Satnav/Media unit and wasn't aware of the SIM slot in the glove compartment. There the carrier is empty, which probably explains the message.
However, though my mobile connects to the cars phone system successfully, perhaps I still need to insert a SIM card, if only to get rid of the message!
AQ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.