Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2002 607 V6 3.0SE. It has the Colour Navigation and RT2 system with the built in phone.

I just cannot work out where you put the SIM card to use the phone. The display says 'Insert SIM' so I know there is not one in there. Under the headunit, there is a credit card sized slot but there does not seem anyway to put a standard sized SIM card in there as the slot is obviously too big. I cannot see any holder or anything that you would put the SIM card into first.

The owners manual just says 'insert the SIM card', but it doesn't tell you or show you where or how or tell you what type of SIM card.

I have just visited a Peugeot dealer and they did not have a clue either. The guy on the desk came out and had a look but said he had only seen the system on the later models where the SIM card slot was different. He then looked on his diagrams and said that he could not find a seperate SIM card holder on this model.

Does anyone know where the SIM card goes on this model and preferably have a part no. of any holder I may need as Peugeot cannot find one on their diagrams.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
alright mate,

the sim card goes just below the display screen where it says "Insert Simcard". Unlike the newer facelift model the simcard needs to inserted with its card.. When you get a brand new simcard it comes in a credit card size holder, do not take the simcard out and insert the whole card in it.. and it will work..

if you are not using a new simcard, you can use any and put some tape at the back of the simcard to the holder..

dunno if I have explained.. I hope you know what I mean, if you need any help.. let me know.. Im online..

they guys at the dealers dont have a scooby, they would be better repairing cycle punctures.. total waste of time..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks.

I am going to order a new O2 SIM card for the car so it will come complete. I know I will find out when it arrives, but which way up does it go. Is it with the metal contacts on the card upwards or downwards.

Not having used one yet, can you store phone numbers and names in it so it shows who is calling etc.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
sorry for the delay mate, I've been away..

the simcard goes upwards.. ie the metal contacts should face upwards..

you can use the PhoneBook just like normal phones. When someone calls, thier name shows on the screen..

good luck mate..

Only thing is that it does not take any other simcard than O2 or Vodaphone. Also O2 simcard shows as BTCELNET so I think the phone GSM network is ancient.

anyhow, you will be chuffed with it,, it certainly adds style...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
no bother mate, you are welcome !! glad you got it to work

·
Registered
23 Posts
sim card holder

Hello there you are obviously 'the man' as regards these units; Please tell me if I can buy an adapter to hold a sim card in the small upright slot on my 'new' 2005 407 Exec!! Obviously, it is missing!! NB it is not a credit card size slot; it is about 3/4 inch tall, 1/8 inch, or less wide, and it's upright!! many thanks in anticiptaion.. Mart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.