Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Sorry for asking too many questions. I'm pretty noob at this stuff. I drive a 2001 Peugeot 206XR.

My signal light lever seems to be very sensitive. Example, when I signal left a small turn of the wheel to the right cancels it.

It also signals automatically to the other direction even if I turn the wheel back slowly. I think the automatic signalling is a feature but i think its too sensitive. Is this suppose to be normal? It's kinda getting annoying. I always have to keep a finger on the turn lever.

Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is a known fault, peugeot have been fixing these problems as they arise, you should take it back to them, and demand it be replaced, it was a manufacturing defect from start.

·
Registered
862 Posts
johnc said:
This is a known fault, peugeot have been fixing these problems as they arise, you should take it back to them, and demand it be replaced, it was a manufacturing defect from start.
:iagree: Happens in every car across the range. Did it the last 406 i had and the 407 is no different peugeot will replace it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. My problem is i bought car 2nd hand. I am not sure if its still covered with warranty. Will they still replace it for free?

Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
miggy said:
Thanks for the advice. My problem is i bought car 2nd hand. I am not sure if its still covered with warranty. Will they still replace it for free?

Thanks

Yes its a design flaw.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If they don't then contact PSA they are very helpful, if you don't get anywhere ask them for their suppliers name and then contact them and fret that you will report the design flaw to your countries safety authority. Firstly take it easy don't blow up PSA is very helpful, unlike other manufacturers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi i own a 307 and the indicators are not funtioning right. when you put them on they flash realy fast inside the car and i have been told that they dont work outside. i have changed the bulbs but have the same problem! any ideas?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Try these-

-look for a blown fuse
-look for a blown relay
-loose or broken wiring at lights
-corroded bulb holder contacts and or bulb
-switch faulty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
johnc said:
If they don't then contact PSA they are very helpful, if you don't get anywhere ask them for their suppliers name and then contact them and fret that you will report the design flaw to your countries safety authority. Firstly take it easy don't blow up PSA is very helpful, unlike other manufacturers.
Hi,
I inquired Peugeot in Sydney and they said that there is no such recall for my VIN number and my only choice is to buy the indicator switch which costs AUD$900, i think thats about 350 GBP. I have been looking around for used parts but still no luck in finding the exact part.

thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
BM spares in melbourne, It's on the Princes Highway down in Dandenong, they can ship all the part to you overnight, their internet site is
www.bmspares.com.au they have so many parts a huge warehouse new and old, and they are cheap.

Contact Cathy at Peugeot Australia and explain the issue to her if that fails contact the Australian Safety Authority they will be able to forward your concern to peugeot who will be forced to act, if you can't be bothered and live in melbourne bring it to me and i'd be happy to fix it for you, but you need to buy the part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will try and contact ASA on the matter.

I am also in the process in obtaining a quote for the part from BM spares.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
862 Posts
miggy said:
Hi,
I inquired Peugeot in Sydney and they said that there is no such recall for my VIN number and my only choice is to buy the indicator switch which costs AUD$900, i think thats about 350 GBP. I have been looking around for used parts but still no luck in finding the exact part.

thanks

Point out that peugeot (uk) and as far as i know mainland europe replace these stalks/switches without any problem at all. It is done under warranty without question.

·
Registered
862 Posts
miggy said:
Hi,

thanks
Heres a possible fix sometimes works othertimes.....
Strip the steering console, remove switch unit, open it and get a cotton bud/tip and clean all metal filings away from the 3 contacts. close the unit, put it all back and it might just have done the trick

·
Registered
256 Posts
Was going to suggest a similar fix, I don't believe all these suspected stalk switches are defective, maybe a little over sensitive and weak, but not defective, They are interesting little pieces that can be very delicate, the jury is still out as to whether your stalk is broken, or just out of alignment..

Sounds like your in Victoria, Australia, contact Regan Motors Peugeot in Hawthorn, they have reparied quite a few of these over the years, they have repaired and replaced, and their cheap !!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts