Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, still having problems with my remote central locking (posted in the vans section) but to be quite brief, 2004 1.9d expert with working central locking (working with key in lock only NOT via key fob), also changed battery in fob, so I got myself a Sealey fob tester just to make sure the fob was emitting a signal and to an extent it will, each push of either the lock or unlock button gives off a single illumination on the fob tester if you keep your finger on the button nothing else! I have repeated this with my car all be it not a Peugeot, friends and work colleagues cars including various Peugeot's and all give off a continuous signal, (Peugeot's tested all at least 8 to 10 years newer) So would anyone with any experience with key fobs have any idea if a flip key from a 2004 Peugeot Expert should only give off 1 signal per push of a button before I go and spend decent money on a replacement, Cheers.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Hi all, still having problems with my remote central locking (posted in the vans section) but to be quite brief, 2004 1.9d expert with working central locking (working with key in lock only NOT via key fob), also changed battery in fob, so I got myself a Sealey fob tester just to make sure the fob was emitting a signal and to an extent it will, each push of either the lock or unlock button gives off a single illumination on the fob tester if you keep your finger on the button nothing else! I have repeated this with my car all be it not a Peugeot, friends and work colleagues cars including various Peugeot's and all give off a continuous signal, (Peugeot's tested all at least 8 to 10 years newer) So would anyone with any experience with key fobs have any idea if a flip key from a 2004 Peugeot Expert should only give off 1 signal per push of a button before I go and spend decent money on a replacement, Cheers.
I'm not sure if they are on Fiat system have you got a picture of remote

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
PROCEDURE

1. Switch the Ignition to ON and wait for security LED to go out (If fitted).

2. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 20 seconds.

3. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on all additional remote transmitters within 10 seconds.

4. Security LED should light for 1 second.

5. Switch ignition OFF and check operation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I have tried numerous different methods to resync the keys to the van and none have worked! The reason I asked about the remote only sending one signal per push of each button is that if the on board systems do not "catch" the first and only signal from the fob then surely the remote locking system would still be in a low power state and not be able to recognise the frequency, wake the bsi, and unlock the doors? This has been totally wrecking my head as when I walk up to the van hands and most other parts of me full of my works tools, then have to put them all down to open the doors is a total pain, when we got the van the battery was dead in the fob so it couldn't be tested before purchase and as the immobiliser obviously worked I never thought it would be this hard to fix, again thanks for your replies and your continued assistance,

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I have tried numerous different methods to resync the keys to the van and none have worked! The reason I asked about the remote only sending one signal per push of each button is that if the on board systems do not "catch" the first and only signal from the fob then surely the remote locking system would still be in a low power state and not be able to recognise the frequency, wake the bsi, and unlock the doors? This has been totally wrecking my head as when I walk up to the van hands and most other parts of me full of my works tools, then have to put them all down to open the doors is a total pain, when we got the van the battery was dead in the fob so it couldn't be tested before purchase and as the immobiliser obviously worked I never thought it would be this hard to fix, again thanks for your replies and your continued assistance,
Have you tried the method I just listed because that is tried and tested by vehicle locksmiths

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 206 is the same, I think the fix might need the Peugeot Planet software/Lexia setup to tell the car's computer to recognise the keyfob signal. It's on my list of things to try.

I've tried the buttons presses as mentioned above many times, it's listed on various websites and in my owner's manual, but alas not a fix.

Along the way I took a closer look a the key fob, I probed it with my oscilloscope and concluded the key fob sends one signal on button press (about 1 sec worth of signal transmitted), holding the button down longer does nothing further.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi, I have indeed tried that method and many more on re-syncing the key, to date I have not used PP2000 to marry the key to the van so that is next on my list of ideas to try and fix it.
I still cannot work out how a dormant system can "wake up" with just the one signal burst from the fob, recognise it and open up the locks? Maybe i'm starting to grasp at straws here but I would of thought it would of required more than one signal to have the system realise it was its "signal" otherwise the car/van would be continually scanning for frequencies? thanks all,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, Could I just ask also would a Citroen key fob of exactly the same shape work if reprogrammed or would they use completely different frequencies? Thanks again,

·
Registered
84 Posts
bazo: you got me thinking. My guess is, modern electronics can be setup to take very little power, so can be powered up all the time. I would think there is such a circuit in the vehicle that is basically a radio receiver and numerical decode computer.

The radio receiver "listens" for everything within its freq range which possibly just could be a single frequency (733MHz), then as "stuff" comes in the decoder will sift through this and filter out possible messages, there will then be a check list (done by the computer part) to see if any of the incoming data matches the unlock code.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Hi, I have indeed tried that method and many more on re-syncing the key, to date I have not used PP2000 to marry the key to the van so that is next on my list of ideas to try and fix it.
I still cannot work out how a dormant system can "wake up" with just the one signal burst from the fob, recognise it and open up the locks? Maybe i'm starting to grasp at straws here but I would of thought it would of required more than one signal to have the system realise it was its "signal" otherwise the car/van would be continually scanning for frequencies? thanks all,
it could be a faulty remote or a faulty receiver on the vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 49962
it could be a faulty remote or a faulty receiver on the vehicle
HI, would you know where the receiver is on an expert van? Is it the comfort module that controls the central locking, or is it somewhere else entirely, and as for the remote, and as for the fob I just need to find out if they should just send one signal or if that indeed is the cause of the problem,
thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts