Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car in question is a 307 SW XSi HDi 136 bhp.

I am due to replace my injectors (funds pending) as according to live data on Planet they are fuelling all over the place and 2 are leaking back quite bad.

I have a part number of the common 9657144580 however, do i need to be concerned about the single large code number printed on the top left of each injector?

I have a number 6 on each one that's in my car at the moment, but the ones i've seen available that have been actually removed from a Peugeot are showing either 4 or 5? Ford versions seem to vary from 5 - 9 but sellers claim they are compatible with my car?

Is anyone able to tell me what this number represents?

Any info on this would be a great help.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Just get your own ones rebuilt !

Live data showing dodgy correction figures does not always mean injectors are faulty we had 1 well out of range correction wise we sent all 4 off to be checked and the figures they sent back showed all 4 were fine !

The codes you are referring to are group codes and these should all match ideally but as you have been told they will work.

Try moving them around in the head then see if correction values change along with the offending injectors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just get your own ones rebuilt !

Live data showing dodgy correction figures does not always mean injectors are faulty we had 1 well out of range correction wise we sent all 4 off to be checked and the figures they sent back showed all 4 were fine !

The codes you are referring to are group codes and these should all match ideally but as you have been told they will work.

Try moving them around in the head then see if correction values change along with the offending injectors.
I unfortunately don't have the funds to have my injectors rebuilt, this car has been a complete can of worms and has cleaned me out!

I will swap about today to see what I get, but 2 leaking back is going to reduce fuel pressure to which the pump is showing lower pressure than it should be anyway.

Regarding the codes, I was more concerned with compatibility. All my codes match, but as it is a higher number than the ones I've seen for my specific car I thought I'd post on here to see what it represents.

Good to know that its nothing to worry about! :thumb:

Thanks for your reply its greatly appreciated ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Pav,I have got 2 with the code 9657144580 they have a number 5 on the top,they came out of my peugeot 307 2.0hdi 136 xsi.I also have two with a different code number,i had all 4 changed in my car thinking they were faulty,but the same problem was still there,all 8 i had had all been tested my a very good diesel specailist in rotherham who have been at it for years.All injectors come back as good as new he told me with no faults at all.PM if you are interested in buying the 2 i have to match yours.Cheers Andy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts