Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE EASIEST WAY TO CHANGE A SIDELIGHT?
IVE BEEN PULLING AND HAULING AT CONNECTOR BUT IT JUST WONT COME FREE
WHAT IM I DOING WRONG?
:mad:ONG?:

·
Registered
9 Posts
jimmy b said:
CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE EASIEST WAY TO CHANGE A SIDELIGHT?
IVE BEEN PULLING AND HAULING AT CONNECTOR BUT IT JUST WONT COME FREE
WHAT IM I DOING WRONG?
:mad:ONG?:
Im haveing same problem mate its been doing my head in now for over a week. Ive had many people try and help but all fail. I think it may be a trip to peugeot dealer :(

G

·
There's a tiny tab at the side of the socket inside the bulb holder. Depress this while pulling and the bulb will pop out with the holder. I did both mine in the week to replace them with canbus safe LEDs and even having the use of one arm managed both inside 10 minutes.

·
5,102 Posts
chopper1192 said:
There's a tiny tab at the side of the socket inside the bulb holder. Depress this while pulling and the bulb will pop out with the holder. I did both mine in the week to replace them with canbus safe LEDs and even having the use of one arm managed both inside 10 minutes.
yeah but it helps that your fingers are 12" long and grip like mole-grips lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having to do my off side sidelight as well proving a small night mare any tricks to make changing them easier? I did have a friend suggest taking the head light unit out, would that actually make it less tricky?

G

·
Its a piece of piss IF YOU DEPRESS THE TINY TAB ON THE SIdE OF THE BULB HOLDER AND GENTLY pull.

Yanking, twisting and headlamp removal will not do it.

Sorry to shout, buts its a 5 second job if you use your noodle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Its a piece of piss IF YOU DEPRESS THE TINY TAB ON THE SIdE OF THE BULB HOLDER AND GENTLY pull.

Yanking, twisting and headlamp removal will not do it.

Sorry to shout, buts its a 5 second job if you use your noodle.
On my 407 there is no tabs on the side light bulb so shouting or not doesn't help me hehe I did actually manage to change them, by using fishing forceps hehe I simple cannot grip them with my fingers as on mine which is an 04 plate there a push fit, they just need "pulling" dead straight and they come out fairly easily and sideways pressure and not a chance.

And having to take the bumper off to take the headlight unit out ... sheesh no engineer design this car .. there's little practical about half the general maintanence on it lol

Thanks for the replys though guys :) its all appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
407 Coupe driver side light bulb replacement

Hi, first time poster - does this fix applyp to the 407 coupe? I can't seem to locate the small tabs referred to ans can't get the bulb out! All advice welcome?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts