·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed I have a sidelight bulb out.

Two questions...

Are they as easy as a normal old car

And..

Anyone fitted LED replacements without problems with the cars electrics?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Dead easy to change.

I have led sides in mine and they do throw an error up but cant say it bothers me. You can get led sides that dont throw up the error though for not much more.

·
5,043 Posts
as seb says dead easy to change, ive got Led lookalikes so i dont get the error message

·
Registered
821 Posts
i got side leds with resistor so they dont throw error, they call them "can-bus compatible", search ebay, i got a pair from uk for 15usd, shipped. and good quality ones too.

as for changing, the biggest problem is fitting your hand behind the headlight to take out the base of bulb, i used a pair of pliers to get to it as my kebab fingers were useless. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got side leds with resistor so they dont throw error, they call them "can-bus compatible", search ebay, i got a pair from uk for 15usd, shipped. and good quality ones too.

as for changing, the biggest problem is fitting your hand behind the headlight to take out the base of bulb, i used a pair of pliers to get to it as my kebab fingers were useless. :)
Ordered some. Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I got 4 pairs of these cheapo ones: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

But in the end i just wasnt happy with them, they are more blue than white. So im gonna resell them locally, but for the ones i used as sidebulbs i wanted them nice and bright and white, so i was willing to spend a bit more.

2 x ERROR FREE CANBUS W5W T10 501 LED SIDE LIGHT BULB 13 SMD | eBay

These are the ones i got. Also keep in mind even though they can be found cheaper, i found that many sellers wont ship to serbia, so these ones turned out to be cheapest ones that i can find. :)

·
5,043 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got em fitted and they look nice and bright. They will make me more visible to oncoming, overtaking Barryboys when I'm driving on the Fens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It just occurred to me.

I have a sidelight out but no warning is showing up?
Don't all 407s have bulb failure warning ?

I put LED bulbs in the side lights but don't like the difference between them and the dip bulbs. Got "white" dip bulbs but they are not as white as the LEDs.

Leo

·
Registered
2 Posts

Do you mean "position lights"? As "No 11" in this picture?
http://forumbilder.se/images/54820121209153c93.jpg

I have search the net quite extensively to find someone who actually replaced them. I hesitate when I remove the small plastic lid (I also have kebab-fingers) and I also considered pliers.

What way does one remove the socket containing the lamp? Does one just pull straight back or does one need to twist somehow? Is there any catch that should be released first?

Do you happen to have a picture that shows the parts?

Best regards
Baltic407

1 - 14 of 14 Posts