Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I have a 207 175THP and I've noticed that when I turn my side lights (501 bulbs) on they are very dim like when the battery goes flat. I have put new LED's in and made no difference at all.

Do I have a problem or is it just how they are as all my other cars in the past have been quite bright (not peugeot)

·
Registered
870 Posts
use a pp3 9v battery to each led on its own, does it go brighter?

had fun and games with leds myself, some have a resistor or diode built in and can cause all sorts of problems in parallel or series.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even the stock side lights bulbs are dim. I thought I would change them to LED's but it's made no difference at all. If you look on other cars like corsa or civic's when they have there headlights on you can see the side lights as well as the headlights If you know what I mean

·
Registered
870 Posts
when i changed to led sidelight the 'sidelight faulty ' message poped up as i didnt use a resistor.
current draw was low making the ecu/bsi think the bulb had blowen, i used 3 bulbs a side and still got the warning, if you havnt then may have a short.

just pop it on a new 9v battery see if its brighter dimmer same..

·
Registered
30 Posts
antb. I have a 207 175THP and I've noticed that when I turn my side lights (501 bulbs) on they are very dim like when the battery goes flat. I have put new LED's in and made no difference at all.
The sidelight bulbs are only 5 watt. The LED ones won't be much brighter and will cause problems without the right resistor.

When you took out the old bulbs, did you inspect them closely? Usually, these wedge-base bulbs go "silvery" inside and that reduces the brightness considerably.
If I were you I'd get new, standard 12v 5w wedge-base capless 501 bulbs with a good make, not cheap Chinese-made ones.
Kenzo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey kenzo.

Can you get them in old skool yellow? I've change all my bulbs to old skool yellow that's all. 3600k HID'S, yellow fogs and yellow 501 side lights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey kenzo.

Can you get them in old skool yellow? I've change all my bulbs to old skool yellow that's all. 3600k HID'S, yellow fogs and yellow 501 side lights.

Hello ant.... yes indeed. If you go onto ebay uk, search for item no. 271030147432

Kenzo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts