Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the sidelights on my 04 plate 407 be updated to led? Do I need cambus ones or not? Are they Just a straight swap or am I opening a can of worms trying to do this.
Thanks Guys.

C

·
0 Posts
Yes you can put led in and yes you need error free ones.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I had LED sidelights in my previous 407. They were supposed to be warm white to match the halogen dips. They weren't so I took them out after about a week.

C

·
0 Posts
Yep I have them in the front of my 407 to match the HID Kit but like CAB says they need to be CANBUS ERROR FREE dont be tempted to put an in the rear though as mine threw up all kinds of errors when I did it :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
This so-called canbus compatible LEDs - anyone know if they ACTUALLY tell the system if there's a problem or not, or if they just always tell the system it's ok - so will they report a failed bulb when one actually fails, or are they all about fooling the system all the time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed that the sidelights were a different colour to the mail lights and thought it looked odd. Maybe its simpler to go for uprated e10 bulbs, not them with the blue tint though prefer some thing to match the whiter main lights.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I noticed that the sidelights were a different colour to the mail lights and thought it looked odd. Maybe its simpler to go for uprated e10 bulbs, not them with the blue tint though prefer some thing to match the whiter main lights.
I bought a couple of bags of ten w5w last year off ebay. Both were blue coated bulbs. Think IIRC they were sold as white & super white or possibly 4500k & 6000k.

The darker blue tinted ones were a little too blue looking when lit however the others were a perfect match for the Osram nightbreakers. TBH just looking at them you would have thought they would be too blue but once lit they were definitely white.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts