Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some help. Airbag light has just come on in my 307 SW. I have the RT3 with Satnav error on screen comes up as Side Airbag Fault followed by Airbag(s) faulty message.

I assume as the side airbag message comes up the fault is with the side airbags. I have checked all connections under seats etc and they look fine.

Planet lists one air bag fault as Permanent Fault. Level of dirvers module trigger 1. open circuit.

Looking on the site this error is often with com2000 and clock spring. I would think this would be drivers airbag fault and not side airbag as shown on display ?

Where can i start to trace this ??

·
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
quick update. At last had a chance to have a good look at the car.

Ribbon/clockspring has one broken track to drivers airbag. Airbag system deactivates side airbags if drivers bag fault :nono:(so no airbags working on drivers side !!)

For information

Blue airbag connector to blue plug on left rear of comm2000 gives Trigger 1 error codes.

Green airbag connector to brown plug on right rear of comm2000 gives Trigger 2 error codes.

Will try to repair ribbon over xmas for now to get rid of the error (and have at least working side airbag and one driverbag trigger) and startup chime and messages popping up on RT3 screen. I had a trip to Maplin for a 2.2 Ohm resistor (Part No M2R2 price 29p) unplugged blue plug from rear of Comm2000 put resistor leads in to plug and tapped up. ECU now sees resistor as airbag as fault cleared.

THIS IS A SHORT TERM FIX till i can repair or replace the COMM2000.

May help you out if you are trying to source secondhand unit and need MOT but please dont use as long term fix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts