Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,
I brought a Peugeot 407 2.0 SW second hand a few weeks ago with full service history & a clear MOT!
After a few day of having it I started to smell of Diesel fumes in the car & the car started to smoke from the rear of the engine, I called the AA out they told me it was a leak onto the manifold. I was then towed to the garage.
The next day the garage called to say that they had tightened everything & cleaned the soot away. The smell wasn’t there anymore.
A week later the same thing happened but along with a very strong smell of egg!!! I also lost acceleration. AA was called again & it’s been at the garage since they keep telling me that they cannot find any fault.
I’ve got a 3 month warranty on this vehicle.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Jason

D

·
0 Posts
Does the car run? Egg smell is from sulpher in the fuel. It happens to petrol cars not diesel. You're just smelling diesel exhaust fumes Id say. There could be an injector blowing by its seal. It does happen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It still ain't totally clear wheter it is a petrol or diesel engine in the car, but guess it is a 2.0 petrol as he doesn't mention HDi in the initial post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts