Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have lots of MP3 albums on a USB stick, however it is impossible to know which is which as the folders that scroll along the bottom of the screen when playing just show a musical note. I have read in handbook that it is possible to show artwork when using USB but not Jukebox - does anyone know how to do this ? I know the artwork is on the USB because i can go into 'photos' on the car system and they are all there.

Any help appreciated (a frustrated newbie) !

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi,

I have lots of MP3 albums on a USB stick, however it is impossible to know which is which as the folders that scroll along the bottom of the screen when playing just show a musical note. I have read in handbook that it is possible to show artwork when using USB but not Jukebox - does anyone know how to do this ? I know the artwork is on the USB because i can go into 'photos' on the car system and they are all there.

Any help appreciated (a frustrated newbie) !
That they're shown when viewing photos would indicate that they're on the stick as individual files, likely named something like 'folder' or 'cover' in the folder for each disc/album/single. It might be an issue of the exact naming or image format (like jpg vs gif) that the unit wants to see, and it simply doesn't recognize what's there, based on name/file format.

It could also be that instead of an image file in the folder, it instead wants the art in the ID3 tags of each mp3 file.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem Solved

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions mtempsch, having looked into them it seems that its and id3 tag issue - I used a program to auto tag my files and now the album art is there.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction !

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions mtempsch, having looked into them it seems that its and id3 tag issue - I used a program to auto tag my files and now the album art is there.

Glad you got it working! :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Very interested in this as I've also had the same problems displaying (or not) my album art. Can you tell me what program you used to auto-tag your files please.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm also interested too. I have never got the album art to work. Didn't have time to investigate but would love an auto tag program for my 8k files...

I have seen my screen update only for FM in the UK and for DAB stations when in Europe.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm also interested too. I have never got the album art to work. Didn't have time to investigate but would love an auto tag program for my 8k files...

I have seen my screen update only for FM in the UK and for DAB stations when in Europe.
No idea what Markus99 used, but I use Tag&ReName. Of the ones I've tried, it's the one that works most like my mind expect things to be done. That is of course very individual, so others you might want to check out include mp3TagStudio and Dr Tag which are the other ones I recall off the top of my head.

Tag&ReName isn't fully automatic, but it allows you to search a number of different sources for album art and track names for a given album. It may well be that some of the other utilities are better at this specific task - it was a looong time since I tried the others. Also note that I don't like software that wants to 'manage' the collection for me, be it music or ebooks, so things like iTunes and Calibre (other than for command line format conversion) are non-starters to me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts