Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So been trying to sort a few things since buying the 407 diesel. Replaced all the blown speakers, got the tyre pressure monitoring disabled, and a few other bits.
Fumes and heating still an issue. The car runs at around 75-80 degrees, don't know if this is normal. To get any real.heat from the heater, it needs to be set to at least 26 degrees (dual zone air con), any lower and it blows cool . So coi ld this be down to the thermostat not letting the engine get hot enough, or internal temp sensor above the dash, or something else?

The bigger issue is still the fumes, really strong at times now, could do with some pointers please ....

·
2,744 Posts
I think you may have a heater flap shaft thats failed..im sure if you search on here you will find out all about it...or even youtube...
The fumes may be an oil leak onto the exhaust?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2006. I can direct the air around to the various vents, does that mean that particular flap ok, and there's another "master flap too? The air can also be varied in speed. When first starting the car you can get instant warmth, so I'm guessing there must be an electrical heater too, after a little while it goes cool and you need to set at 27 ish to get the heat....
Hope that makes sense....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts