Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
51 plate 307 LX, I have just bought, in excellent condition MOT'd until OCT. Cranks but will not start. Immobiliser will not reset. OBD terminal is dead. Central locking and all lights etc will not work. Key code missing. Passenger airbag has deployed. Key fob replaced, new battery, 2 new switches, immobiliser in place. Tried to reset using key lock hold down technique many times. On ignition dash lights come on as do headlights. Is ECU fried? Was working fine until owner disconnected battery. Should I just 'phone scrap car collection. At my wits end now. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Is the battery in tip top condition? Needs to be checked with load tester to see how good it is. Important that battery on these is fully charged and correct size for car as regards electrical output.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for that, I shall check. Also been advised to ensure earthing is correct. Have checked all fuses even the maxi ones. The fact that the OBD is not functioning doesn't help any.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Maybe not the ECU... but i suspect the BSI is.

You can try a BSI reset procedure, won't cost anything. One must be very carefull when disconnecting the battery, the BSI stays on for a while longer after the car shuts down...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I understand Bsi reset to be a system of bliping the key in 10 sec sections. If so I have tried that in numerous routines. I am now at the point of replacing key, transponder, ECU and Bsi all from a working 370 and with a guarantee. At the end of the day how much is a 2001 1.4LX worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts