Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. A few days ago i got stucked into second gear. Took my 2003 Pug 2.0 110bhp to garage and i was told i need a new clutch and i got a quote of 540£ plus 100£ for topping up the diesel aditive and reset my computer. I really dont know what to do. I love my Pug but My mechanic strongly suggested me to scrap the car and With this money i could go for other car maybe?
I really need an opinion on this thing. Cheers.

·
Registered
599 Posts
How many miles?

Do not scrap the car for just a clutch and flywheel. That engine will outlast the rest of the car.

Your car, like mine, has a Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) and it's the DMF that's expensive, not the clutch.

Find out about Single Mass Flywheel conversion kits, they are far cheaper, and reliable.

About the additive, maybe remove the DPF for good...

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
You say stuck in gear is this because clutch failed or is it actually stuck in gear if the later you need a gearbox not a clutch BUT you may as well do the clutch while you are there and that means the flywheel too so it gets expensive

dual mass or solid conversion are both expensive

As for additive top up if your system is working then fine top it up but if you are topping up to fix the system it may not be all thats wrong again it can get expensive

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always think its worth having done as things like clutches , brake pads exhausts etc etc will always need replacing what ever car you buy, as long as it runs and there's nothing wrong with it have it changed

·
5,891 Posts
Cheaper than a SMF kit is to get a RHY (90 bhp) flywheel (normally around £30 from a breakers) and a standard 90 BHP clutch kit you will have change from £150 and works fine.

Also if you keep car and need a clutch in 100K time it will be a lot cheaper again as 90 clutch kits are around 1/2 the price of a SMF replacement clutch and cover.

Due to age of car I would remove dpf. (see DPF thread)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
£300 quid to do a clutch on a 110 ive done 2 and there a pain but not worth £300 notes my local place will do it for less then £200

like windy said buy a 90bhp flywheel.

i was expecting my clutch to be awful but its not just make sure you get a decent clutch like valeo :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts