Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - newbie here

My friend is selling a 2003 307 2.0 HDi Rapier 5-door (100k miles) at a very good price.

He's had it for about five years and only suffered a couple of minor problems (brakes, rad hose). Big service (cambelt etc) 18 months ago, but nothing since then.

He also drives like a granddad to get the best fuel economy (he's getting around 50 to the gallon from it).

Downsides: It's a crappy non-metallic blue, filthy dirty inside and out, probably needs four tyres before too long. Also there was barely any oil in it when I checked the dipstick!

Things I noticed in the test drive:

- it felt a bit baggy and tired. Engine was a bit lumpy until it had warmed up.
- seemed to vibrate a lot with air con switched on at idle.
- a bit reluctant to rev (or maybe I am not used to the 2.0 HDi engine)
- slack gearchange
- high clutch biting point
- turned over quite slowly on startup (I think it needs a new battery)

My question is: once this car has had a service and new oil/filters, and maybe some injector treatment, do you think I can coax another year or two out of it without big bills?

C

·
0 Posts
It's a big gamble, and an expensive one if your cards don't come up.

I'd avoid it myself, and hold out for one that's not got so many potential problems on the horizon.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry for jump your thread but Im having to force the gears in my 307, what can be done, any easy cheap fix.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
could be clutch, flywheel or even worse case scenerio the gearbox. that would be my guessing.

as i was typing, i thought it could also be the selector cables and all that junk attached to the gear stick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts