Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I'm planning to upgrade my car to a bigger one as I need more space and 3008 is one of the options.

I've been following 3008 since it was first announced and been reading some good and bad reviews from real owners (mostly on this forum:))

I really like the exterior and interior of 3008 but I'm not sure about the quality and long term reliability (never owned a Peugeot before).

So I thought I should ask you guys here, should I buy the car? the other options are VW Tiguan and BMW X1.

VW has a good reputation here, the new tiguan is well built and has all the bells and whistles, however I don't like its leather seats and the waiting time is ridiculous. BMW X1 is one that my wife and I like most but I'm worried about the cost of maintenance etc.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You get issues with all cars, including BMW. I have had cars of all marques and my last a citroen DS5 had zero issues trim or otherwise in the 5 years i owned it. It was superior in most ways to anything german for the same price.

You will get far more kit I assume with the pug, but the resale values will probably be better with the BMW. Honestly all 3 of those cars are great so I would just buy the one that suits you best and not worry overly much.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi Panz,

Naggaman is a Peugeot/Citroen driver who lives in Victoria. I guess he would be a good person to give you some opinion on his experiences of the Pugs and Citroen's in your climate and OZ Peugeot service.
At the very least you may be able to count or discount them on his advice.

Grumpy.

Reactions: panz

·
Registered
420 Posts
This might help make your mind up...

New Car Buyer Top 10 Suv's (guess what wins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doXC1B1q_UI
I'm not saying the 3008 is a bad car (I own one), but that test is just pure BS. :p

The Dacia Duster - aka the cheapest crapmobile that's made up of old Renault spare parts - is rated higher than the Mercedes C-class, Volvo XC90 and Jaguar F-Pace?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe that top 10 is only covering SUVs in a certain price range.

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
BMW sell you the basic car then make their main profit on the extras.

To spec it up to 3008 levels of kit will be eye watering I assure you.

Paul

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
BMW sell you the basic car then make their main profit on the extras.

To spec it up to 3008 levels of kit will be eye watering I assure you.

Paul
Very true Paul. The German manufacturers have this as their means of writing their own chequebooks.
My B200 Benz bought three years back was at basic cost quite respectable, but I had to stop myself abruptly, then backtrack when I realised I had placed a further £9,000 in extras.
Even though I have spent just over £3000 in extras on the 3008, I still have more options available. Defiantly much more value for money.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The X1 is just plain ugly, and I woudn't touch a VW out of principal. after the emissions scandal, and the denials that their hurried fix for it has ruined people's cars. 3008 or Kia Sportage would be top of my shopping list, both far better specced as standard, and at a much more resonable price - here in the UK at least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now I have been looking also.
But mine is not 4yr and less than 30k miles showing sign of DMF failure £800 to investigate but may not be covered by warranties. Get the job completed elsewhere for less.
I WAS looking a the high end 3008 but compare it to the Jaguar Fpace bottom spec.
But now not willing to risk another peugeot.both New.
Did prefer the new 3008 non split tailgate. But the interiors hasn't changed much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Am I reading that wrong?? The interior of the 3008 is class leading, and a million miles from anything Peugeot have done before.
Perhaps I was view negatively. Compare to the old one it's almost new switch gear odd shaped steering wheel and the irritating foot rest is lower lol
Outside massively different nice to look at.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The icockpit is a massive improvement on the conventional Peugeot instrument panel, and the general build quality, and quality of materials is definitely up there with premium brands. The only downsides with the car are some gaps in the fitting of the interior trim (although you may be lucky), and the pretty awful Peugeot dealer network, which I wouldn't recommend to anybody.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The i-cockpit is one of the main reasons I bought the 3008 SUV. All other cars with round steering wheels, analog instruments and a dildo as gear leaver looks old and crap now :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have just traded in my immaculate Mercedes GLA with all the bells and whistles for a 16 plate 308 SW GT Line because we now have a large dog and the GLA was no good for him:eek:

He now has loads of space in the back - I have a decent car for the money and thoroughly enjoy the car.

Build wise and quality the Merc has a slight edge not much and for what you pay for these new style Pugs they represent excellent value for money.

Second hand value will depreciate more than the top brands but why pay sometimes twice the price for a car when the likes of Peugeot provide models just as competative with more add-ons included in a very attractive price.

Hats off to Peugeot at the moment.:thumb:

·
Registered
112 Posts
F Pace

Hi Stuartturbo
In regards to the F Pace I suggest you check out their forum, I had one last year and rejected it,
The list of long term ongoing faults and issues are unbelievable ( I still look at the forum ), some are on their 3rd replacement F Pace. 1 was enough for me !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming :)

From my perspective, here's why I like/dislike each car:

VW Tiguan

- Simple easy to use Infotainment system
- Comes with Android auto & Apple carplay
- Active Display Dashboard
- VW is known for its reliability here in Australia and has big dealership network
- Service cost is reasonable
- Large boot

Dislikes:
- The interior layout is the same with the other models and there's nothing new (a bit outdated)
- I don't like the quality of the leather seats where in some area it looks loose
- Only the top of the line (R-LINE) has matching bumpers' colour. The two tone (non R-LINE) looks like cars from the 80s/90s.
- The waiting time from order to delivery is ridiculous here.

BMW X1:

- Easy to drive (important for the wife)
- The standard version comes with faux leather so I don't need to upgrade (and I'm ok with that as long as it's not cloth)
- Classic BMW interior

Dislike:
- Service cost is high and Reliability is questionable
- The gear knob looks ugly and outdated
- No android auto/apple carplay
- The M Line comes with Alcantra seats instead of leather

Peugeot 3008

- The interior layout is the best compared to the other two.
- The seat design looks the best
- Has more bells and whistles
- Even the Active model has many options.

Dislikes:
- Service cost and reliability is unknown
- Only GT Line and GT come with electric seats
- Small dealership network
- Many people reported defects with their new cars (freeze iCockpit etc).

In terms of service cost - I may get away with free regular services for 3-4 years from corporate deal for BMW. Not sure about VW or Peugeot.

So far I'm leaning towards the pug..because it's brand new model, more modern, has more bells and whistles and the price is more affordable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming

From my perspective, here's why I like/dislike each car:

VW Tiguan
- Simple easy to use Infotainment system
- VW is known for its reliability here in Australia and has big dealership network
- Service cost is reasonable
- Large boot

Dislikes:
- The interior layout is the same with the other models and there's nothing new (a bit outdated)
- I don't like the quality of the leather seats where in some area it looks loose
- Only the top of the line (R-LINE) has matching bumpers' colour. The two tone (non R-LINE) looks like cars from the 80s/90s.
- The waiting time from order to delivery is ridiculous here.

BMW X1
- Easy to drive (important for the wife)
- The standard version comes with faux leather so I don't need to upgrade (and I'm ok with that as long as it's not cloth)
- Classic BMW interior

Dislike:
- Service cost is high and Reliability is questionable
- The gear knob looks ugly and outdated
- No android auto/apple carplay
- The M Line comes with Alcantra seats instead of leather

Peugeot 3008
- The interior layout is the best compared to the other two.
- The seat design looks the best
- Has more bells and whistles
- Even the Active model has many options.

Dislikes:
- Service cost and reliability is unknown
- Only GT Line and GT come with electric seats
- Small dealership network
- Many people reported defects with their new cars (freeze iCockpit etc).

In terms of service cost - I may get away with free regular services for 3-4 years from corporate deal for BMW. Not sure about VW or Peugeot.

So far I'm leaning towards the pug..because it's brand new model, more modern, has more bells and whistles and the price is more affordable - BUT still undecided!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I looked at loads before buying the 3008

Had an Audi before so went to look at the Q3. Bland inside, and like BMW everything is an expensive optional extra. To get it to the same spec as the 3008 I would have had to have gone with the vorsprung edition at £50k

A few friends told me to look at the Mazda CX5, but didn't like that. It just felt wrong.

The only thing which came close was the Volvo, but still prefered the Peugeot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts