Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post (of many) on this forum. I am seriously thinking of buyinga 407 hdi 1.6 ( 2005) with113,000 on the clock. Could anyone please advise my if these cars are reliable? As I've owned 2 French cars in the past ( Citroen and Renault ), I am a bit wary as the cost of replacement parts for these was astronomical!
Many thanks
DOK
P.S Could s'one also tell me if these cars have a 6 speed gearbox?

G

·
As mentioned elsewhere today, the cost of Peugeot parts is not astronomical - recently the AA completed a survey and announced that the cost of repairing a breakdown on a Peugeot was on average cheaper than any other brand. Clearly, if the urban lore about Pug parts and labour pricing were true then this would not be the case.

I would personally avoid a diesel, especially a high miler. They are pretty tough and reliable, but that's the sort of mileage where the particulate filter becomes troublesome and requires replacement, and this is why a lot of modern pugs, Fords, etc come up for sale at that mileage.

The petrol 407s are many times less troublesome, and not far off as economical as the diseasel, and require much less expensive servicing, cost less to insure etc etc.

·
Registered
503 Posts
As chopper has already mentioned the dpf's usally need replacment around 100,000mls and an additive topup which works out between 500-800 quid.
Well Peugeot Southern Ireland charge around €800 for the a reconditioned
dpf and the additive topped up...:eek:
Also the other major expense would be the dual mass flywheel at aorund the same milage....if both dpf and dmf were replaced then you should be o.k.

The way modern diesels have gone nearly all makes/models have dpf's and
dmf's as standard nowadays...:rolleyes:
Ron.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.