Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an estate around 4 years old, 450000 miles. Due to mileage and type of roads I want to keep to diesel.

Been looking at Astra and Octavia estates. Nice cars but I see problems with timing chains and egr valves...

Really like the look of the 308sw. Seen one with full Peugeot history, being sold by a dealer and 12 months warranty.

Concerns are:

Adblue tank - forums can distort problems, but feels almost inevitable pump will fail, even if cap and loom have been updated.

Infotainment system - changing heaters etc using screen is fine for me. Just concerned that if the screen isn't reliable, I'll be stuck without a lot of settings.

Electric handbrake - how reliable?

Any opinions welcome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
IMHO it's a good budget estate balancing cost, reliability, economy with good load carrying, comfortable.
A facelifted model; may be a good move for later Infotainment, rear beam design, should have vented adblue tank cap
Adblue tank - make sure it has the later vented tank cap
Infotainment - a bit clunky but pretty reliable
Electric handbrake - seems ok.
I've done 20k miles in 14 months in my now 5 year old pre-facelift 2.0 HDi GTLine and really rate it.
If you want to self-service and get a Lexia to run PP then its pretty straight forward to maintain for most routine servicing.

HTH Stuart

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking for an estate around 4 years old, 450000 miles. Due to mileage and type of roads I want to keep to diesel.

Been looking at Astra and Octavia estates. Nice cars but I see problems with timing chains and egr valves...

Really like the look of the 308sw. Seen one with full Peugeot history, being sold by a dealer and 12 months warranty.

Concerns are:

Adblue tank - forums can distort problems, but feels almost inevitable pump will fail, even if cap and loom have been updated.

Infotainment system - changing heaters etc using screen is fine for me. Just concerned that if the screen isn't reliable, I'll be stuck without a lot of settings.

Electric handbrake - how reliable?

Any opinions welcome.
Have owned a face lifted 2017 2.0 Blue HDI GT Line model since April 2018 and have done approx 75000 miles since. No repairs needed (just tryes every 6 months). Ride is a little jittery probably due to me carrying a lot of weight and having the 18 inch alloys. Still love the look of the car, heated leather seats are very comfortable, performance is good (although I did fit a Race chip mod), good sound quality from the sound system, nice sat nav with a big screen, great boot space, panoramic glass roof is great for extra light inside etc. Would recommend.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Worth also remembering that the SW has a longer wheelbase than the hatch so has considerably more rear legroom if you carry passengers regularly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts