Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first post so here goes :)

Brought myself a 307hdi last weekend and discovered a fair amount of work needs doing to it, I'll drop a list of my problems, and hopefully once sorted them I'll repost how or what was needed....

1.ABS/ESR fault
2.speemometer not working along with fuel mile range ect... (Rev counter works)
3.central locking issue, when opening drivers door it locks every other door including boot
4.horn does not work (possibly fuse)
5.knocking noise when driving, fairly sure its driver side
6.gearbox rattle when engine turns off
7.depollution warning came on, took her straight down the motorway, gone off since
8.no blip remote for central locking, key in door job

Those are the problems I know of so far, cars at 88k miles and drives well:rolleyes:

Brought her few days back so getting tools out ready to attack the pug, any tips or advice would help but I'm prepared to get stuck into it between work hours, I'll keep you all posted on how it goes....:nod::thumb:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi welcome to the Peugeot forum, some of those problems are typical 307 issues and you will find threads about them in the 307 section particularly the ABS/Speedo. Do yourself a favour and don't buy any second hand blips they will not program to your car. When using the forum it is advisable to look for threads about what you want to ask before asking and also it is better to start a fresh thread rather than try and recycle an old one as you are more likely to get a response. Hope you enjoy your 307 and feel free to ask questions or make contributions.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
ABS / ESR / Speedo could all be something as simple as a faulty ABS sensor or even that there is rust behind the sensor pushing it out of square preventing it working - common fault on the 307.

The depolution could be the DPF if fitted and the blast down the motorway allowed it to regenerate - which is a good thing all kinds of faults could prevent a regen which it won't have if a regen was carried out.

Door locking is a puzzler and I have no experience of that fault so I have no idea.

Knocking noise could be track rod ends, ball joints, drop links or anti roll bar bushes amongst others.

Gearbox rattle, hard to say without hearing it.

Horn, I've had to replace horn units. Cheap from a breakers. Could be a fuse - F13 in the main fuse box under the bonnet and is 15amp

88k is nothing for the HDi. It's refreshing to hear from someone who's bought a used car and isn't complaining how bad Peugeots are when their new purchase has some issues. You will get lots of help here with that outlook :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcoming replies, yes she has a few problems as every car does with age.

I can try explaining the gear box noise, when under the car the side closest to left wheel sounds like a bunch of loose bolts clanging around, when turning engine off sounds almost like it wants to fall to bits inside, I took her on a 20mile run down the motorway again today, and when I got to next junction coming off, put her into 1st and it sounded almost like scraping noise from box, I'm not entirely sure yet but I'm starting to suspect flywheel going, will take box off and inspect over the next few days.

And thanks for the heads up on the blip remote, is it possible to get a blank key with remote and connect that to the car?

As for the abs and speedo issue, I have her booked tomorrow for diagnostics.

Guess I'll be leaving her on the drive way after tomorrow and use the (almost) reliable zafira :p

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
the front left sensor works out the speed so some possible symptoms

bearing knackered
bearing in the wrong way
sensor or wiring bad
abs pump failed

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
If the noise is coming from the area of the clutch / flywheel then it could be the release bearing. I had one that had broken into pieces and was wearing through the diaphragm springs causing strange noises. If the car is a 90bhp then it will have a solid flywheel. If the noise is from the other end of the gearbox then that is where all the gears live so could work out expensive

·
Registered
139 Posts
If the noise is coming from the area of the clutch / flywheel then it could be the release bearing. I had one that had broken into pieces and was wearing through the diaphragm springs causing strange noises. If the car is a 90bhp then it will have a solid flywheel. If the noise is from the other end of the gearbox then that is where all the gears live so could work out expensive
His signature suggests its a hdi 110 in which case theres a strong chance it could be the dmf.

Sounded just as you described

My dmf fell to bits at about 85k so it was replaced with a new clutch and solid fly conversion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update on problems, after a lot of swearing and lost blood, I've managed to fix all problems apart from blip key, central locking.

Abs and speedo problem was cured after taking off the n/s rear hub and cleaning up the sensor and ring with a tooth brush (yea the mrs's obviously):rolleyes: put it all back together, drove a few yards and abs light switched off, now have all functions of the cruise control too.

Horn turned out to be fuse, knocking noise dissapeared after stripping off gearbox, new flywheel kit fitted, turned out who ever carried out the last clutch change used to old bearing, flywheel had colouration to it too, anyhow, new kit has put that rattle to sleep.

I'm fairly sure the harness in drivers door is to blame for the weird door locking problem, that's next on the list:nod:

Depollution has not been on since the motorway run.

Starting to enjoy the car now, has plenty of torque under the bonnet, those bucket seats also make the drive that bit better, I'll reply once central locking is sorted, thanks for the informative replies guys, I'll try to help others where I can :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts