1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shocks on my Peugeot are far tooooooooooo hard
Later models are a much softer ride
I need to fit some shocks with the same fitting but softer specification
Anyone know where I can compare the specification of shocks?
Obviously the shocks are model specific but the question is not, so I posted here because I prefer it reach the techys

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
This is the fourth thread you've started on this. I'll let this stay and delete others where you didn't get an answer, but no more please.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Maybe because the car has 4 shocks it needs 4 threads :)

I dont think changing the dampers will help to be honest you will probably find spring rates are the real difference the dampers just control the bounce to a certain extent there may well be other differences too like tyre type tyres come in different compounds some are stiffer than others then the actual pressure in the tyres can affect it too.

·
5,672 Posts
My DS and all early ones had a harsh crashing ride. PSA changed the shocks/dampers and kept same springs. Ride was transformed. It was an issue with compression damping being to hard not spring rate

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Let's start with what make, year, and model is the subject of this post?.

I agree with windy, dampers and springs both affect ride and handling, as does the whole design of the suspension in the first place.

More information please.

Roger.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Certainly if the damper is set very hard it won't allow the spring to work. I just object to the term "shock absorber" as the damper doesn't.

I suspect the detail of which car might have been available in some of his other posts, well if it happened in a model specific section, it would have been a clue anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts