Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Im pretty sure my front nearside shock is shot, it knocks over bumps etc and you can wiggle the wheel slightly. It had a mot and passed, while it was there i got them to look at anti roll bar links etc and they said it was fine. The garage i use said it was most likely shock or top mount but i believe it was shock.

Anyway, ive been quoted £39.96 for a shock and some little spacer collar from main dealer but im not 100% sure that sounds right to me, just wondering if anyone has had a new shock and can remember the price or how big a job it is??

Thanks in advance ?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Front shock knock is a known 308 issue, mine had a pair of front shocks replaced under the Peugeot manufacturer warranty at 30 months / 20k miles old.

The N/S front shock was knocking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What i thought!

I have a 2015 GT, been on phone to Peugeot parts again on Thursday, turns out theres a modification on them so the part number i was quoted for was wrong.

Shock is now £67.66 each including VAT and i need to replace both else car wont sit level now apparently as there is a modification so its different to my original shock.

Ordered 2 on Thursday, should be here today!

Yeah its my nearside shock too, cars just done 75k miles.

·
Registered
978 Posts
... i need to replace both else car wont sit level now apparently as there is a modification so its different to my original shock.
Does fitting the new shocks raise the front up at all? I have long complained about the rubbish ground clearance on the 308.

Probably different shocks for the GT though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yes I know that but why would they say car would be unequal if only one were fitted?

Unless they mean that the stroke resistance rates would be too far out. That must be it I suppose.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill take pics of the shock they give against the one i take off. Its probably a load of cods wallop but will see ?

·
6,276 Posts
The rebound and compression damping values were changed on later dampers due to complaints about ride quality. There was a similar issue with early DS5's and they only now supply the later dampers and advise to change both when they supply yhem

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi ive had the two front shocks and a drop link replaced on my 308 GTi 2-3 weeks ago for knocking 66 plate with 12,500 on the clock. I was convinced it was the back but they replaced the front shocks and other bits. im sure i saw a TSB on the job sheet ill dig it out and try too upload total cost was £400 odd pound all done under warranty. had to wait around the 2 month for one shock tho.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have a look on Autodoc, they are based in Berlin, but I order my parts from them all the time, the only downside of them is they are a little slow at delivering, the average delivery time is 1 week.

Anyway, Monroe shocks for my 308 are £40 a side from them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts