Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word that my GT was built on Tuesday...at last! Can anybody give a rough idea of how long I should expect to wait for delivery to the dealership. If anybody on here has taken delivery in Northern Ireland it would be great to hear from you

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
From factory to UK mainland dealer it's usually around 2-3 weeks, so possibly a little longer to reach Ireland. Are you sure the build date has been confirmed, because I thought the Peugeot factory was shutdown for summer holidays for the whole of August?? Maybe they have kept open to keep up with demand??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi lee. My build was actually yesterday but got a call on Tuesday from dealer to say it was built. Obviously a little dubious, I asked for the VIN number which he emailed straight away. I was under the impression that the factory was closed as well.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Well if they've given you a VIN the car must have been built, because I believe it is usually allocated right at the end of the production line. I guess if the factory is closed it may have been built before the holiday began, and could be well on it's way to you. Peugeot Customer Services should be able to give you a precise location if the dealer doesn't.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I thought the factory was closed from the 28th. July to 15/16th August.
As such your car more than likely would have been on the final stage of the production line first week back from holiday.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi lee. My build was actually yesterday but got a call on Tuesday from dealer to say it was built. Obviously a little dubious, I asked for the VIN number which he emailed straight away. I was under the impression that the factory was closed as well.
Next thing is to ask for a reg number. They won't be able to register it until it's on UK soil so that'll give you an idea. Normally 7-10 days from import to dealer.

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You could well be right Beards. I tried to find the shutdown dates, but got distracted by the story of the Peugeot/Citroen plant at Aulnay-sous-Bois that has closed down because the predominantly Muslim workforce were too unproductive, and taking far too much time off for prayers.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You can use Peugeot servicebox to enter your VIN and see what the exact build date and full characteristics of your new car are. If you're struggling, PM me the VIN number and I'll send you back the detail.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just got word that my GT was built on Tuesday...at last! Can anybody give a rough idea of how long I should expect to wait for delivery to the dealership. If anybody on here has taken delivery in Northern Ireland it would be great to hear from you
Hi Lowney , got mine from CH Boucher rd , approx 2-3 weeks , same as rest of UK

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Customer care just advised me that the car is now in Grimsby and should be with dealer in 2-3 days time. Should my dealer have had me in to complete paperwork at this stage?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Customer care just advised me that the car is now in Grimsby and should be with dealer in 2-3 days time. Should my dealer have had me in to complete paperwork at this stage?
I personally did not even look at any paperwork until i had seen the car and given it a good lookover !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have recently got my delivery in 4 weeks to Sweden. I was pretty satisfied with the speed because it was delivered faster than the accessories for the car that I have ordered from aliexpress. I always use the wheel cover, not to destroy the leather. SO I have ordered one and it was going to me for ages. That is all because I didn't use alitools https://alitools.io/en browser extension, to find a good seller, that would send the package immediately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts