Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I happily looking forward to getting home from a very long day at work, started the car fine and started scraping the frozen snow of the windscreen when I hear a clonk from the engine bay. Now I'm praying it's just a lump of ice dropped down.

I pop the bonnet and see the alternator belt loose. Great! :( So I stop the engine and see if the belt has just slipped off only to find, after routing around the alternator, tension pulley and shaft to find the belt is still loose. A quick nose down on the undertray with the torch on my phone and I can see the idler (?) pulley has completely sheared off!

Has anyone experienced this before and if so is it an easy enough fix or does anyone have a rough costing for garage repair? I'll probably change the belt and tensioner at the same time anyway.

Its a 53 plate 307 2.0 hdi SW.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's not the bottom pulley is it? (The big one)

Common problem on 206 , iv'e changed loads , although they have never fallen off , just rattled very loosely.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
if you mean the pulley thats just of the side under the alternator then yes ive had this happen to me cost me £2.50 for a new bolt from the dealer lucky for me they had one instock tho check your local scrap yard :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts