Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a Peugeot 207 2008 1.6HDI. For a while I've been having intermittent issues. I couldn't tell you when it started but the first thing I noticed was that sometimes, when the car was at idle you could feel the whole car shaking/pulsing. This doesn't happen all the time and I've not noticed a pattern other than it happening only when at idle. More recently it has become noisy when cold and I've started to hear a metallic tap in time with the revs. It disappears when the car heats up (after a couple of miles or so).

I'm no car expert, but if anyone could has an suggestions as to what is causing this I'd be very grateful!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check the bottom rear engine mount, sometimes called a torque mount. It is like a dogbone shaped thing between the gearbox and chassis next to the exhaust. They are prone to go on these.

A replacement is about £17 on Ebay and takes little time to do, just two 17mm bolts.

If the rubbers in this mount are shot it allows the engine to move and shudder which might be what you are feeling, and if they are really bad you will hear metal against metal. Maybe that is the "tinging".

Not 100% but may be worth a check

1 - 2 of 2 Posts