Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll start with the most important one...could someone measure the length of the dipstick from a 1.1 (mine is a '97 model) , from the bottom face of the bung at the top to the "full" mark please? the rubber top on mine disintegrated and I have swapped the bung over for a suzuki one I had lying around. I think I got the length right but would really like to be sure!

other random questions that I am struggling to find answers for are...

#1...the car does not have an obd2 as suggested by most sources is this likely to be an obd1 diagnostic socket?

#2.... which antifreeze type should I use in the cooling system?

#3.... I found a loose wire behind the glove box which looks like it should supply a lamp above it..it even fits the boot lamp...but how is it switched?

#4... is there a way to release the snap on fittings on the fuel filter without buying a special tool?

#5.... what are the "spare" wires with bullet connectors behind the interior light housing above the interior mirror?

#6... does removing the comically restricted inlet pipe improve performance/adversely effect fuel economy?

#7.... finally , is it correct that the battery lamp illuminates on the dash when the key is in the "accessory" position?

thanks!!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I can only comment on #7. All my cars illuminated the battery light when in accessory position as the battery isn't being charged. It's there to warn you the battery isn't charging so it makes sense that is glows when the engine isn't running. Only time to worry about it is if it stays on with the engine running as far as I'm concerned.

I've never touched a 106 so cannot speak with any experience on them but usually the glovebox lamp is operated by a plunger switch which is actuated by one edge of the glovebox door. As for the wires with bullet connectors, they may be something added on by a previous owner (or not).

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
#1 - Check in the drivers foot well above the accelerator pedal, there should be a socket of some description.

#2 - The antifreeze should be OAT

#3 & 5 - Loose or unattached wires are often found - it cheaper for Peugeot to buy 1 generic loom for multiple models and spec cars, than to buy different looms for different cars, even if this means buying extra wires in the loom that aren't used on some models.

#7 - yes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts