Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need some help with Android Auto in my 308 SW. It's a company car, latest model.

Their homepage says, this model supports Android Auto, but when I plug the USB in, nothing happens. The app came with my phone cause it's from the US, so it's not a 3rd party one.

Do I need Mirror link to use Android Auto on my car's screen?

What option should I choose for the USB? (tethering, file transfer, etc.)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Try Settings/Connections/More connection settings//MirrorLink on your cell phone.
Furthermore, I believe you should enable/turn on something on your car system.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Do you have the Android Auto app downloaded to your phone from Google Play?

Is your phone screen unlocked when you connect?

You can set the car as a trusted place to keep the phone unlocked in your phone bluetooth settings.

You also really need a USB 3 spec cable for it to work correctly.

Normally with the phone connected you press the menu symbol with 4 small □ on the right of the touch screen for car apps, Android Auto & Mirror Link should appear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the Android Auto app downloaded to your phone from Google Play?

Is your phone screen unlocked when you connect?

You can set the car as a trusted place to keep the phone unlocked in your phone bluetooth settings.

You also really need a USB 3 spec cable for it to work correctly.

Normally with the phone connected you press the menu symbol with 4 small □ on the right of the touch screen for car apps, Android Auto & Mirror Link should appear.
Yes, it's from the Play store.

What if I don't have Mirror Link? The car should have an Android Auto app too?

·
Registered
927 Posts
It should be there once the phone is sucessfly connected via USB cable.

Are you 100% sure your 308 is equipped with Android Auto & Mirror link?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Peugeot's website says that 308 SW has Android Auto support since 2017. About the Mirror Link I'm note sure, it's a temporary car :(

Edit: I'm stupid, I meant Mirror Screen! My car doesn't have that. Do I need it for Android Auto?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mirror Link and Android Auto are two separate things.

Phone needs to support Mirror Link.

For Android Auto, when connecting for the first time, you need to open Android Auto application on the phone, connect it via USB cable and run it on the car.

You might need to toggle usb debbuging in developer mode.

I'm not sure what is Magic Screen.

Android Auto started from 2017, but not at the beginning of the year, so car could still be without it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Android Auto on my 3008 requires a phone with Android 5 (Lollipop) or higher, does yours have this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems this feature is disabled, because when I plug my phone with USB, the car says "unsupported USB device". I tried every option, nothing worked :(

I got Pixel 3, latest Android version. I can share my music via Bluetooth, that is all.

Thanks for helping guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mirror Link and Android Auto are two separate things.

Phone needs to support Mirror Link.

For Android Auto, when connecting for the first time, you need to open Android Auto application on the phone, connect it via USB cable and run it on the car.

You might need to toggle usb debbuging in developer mode.

I'm not sure what is Magic Screen.

Android Auto started from 2017, but not at the beginning of the year, so car could still be without it.
Mirror Screen functionality should support Android Auto, Apple Carplay and Mirror Link as per Peugot's website I have same problem on my 2019 308 Allure https://www.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot-mirror-screen/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts