Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently had to change my battery and the date/time has been reset. I have an aftermarket stereo so obviously cannot access the menu to change this.

Is there any way to change the date/time? I have a 2006 307. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shame there isn't a way to connect your laptop to your peugeot and set the time using some software. Somebody should design that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
As it's an 06 like ours...get a steering wheel interface for your new radio (even if it has no remote socket, buy one anyway). One of the things the interface does is pass-through signals between the column stalk and the display, this is a CAN-BUS model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it's an 06 like ours...get a steering wheel interface for your new radio (even if it has no remote socket, buy one anyway). One of the things the interface does is pass-through signals between the column stalk and the display, this is a CAN-BUS model.
Hi there,

Thanks for your response although I'm slightly confused. How would getting a steering wheel interface for my car stereo help in setting the time on the main display on top of the dashboard?

Can you send me a link to some examples please? Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
As all the various bits of the car are on the same network, the interface intercepts certain data from the stalk and sends it to the central display (squeeze both the up and down buttons for a few seconds and the display enters menu mode). Be warned, this kind of interface aint cheap, but it DOES work well. It also relays the beeps from the OEM parking sensors if so fitted.
/I had problems with an Autoleads cable dying after a while, the Connects2 one has been perfect for a number of years.

Look at current Ebay item 180957244509 or 350578820519? for details...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
wait a minute...are you talking about the time and date on the centre display?

im sure you can change the time and date using the buttons on the side of the screen. iirc you hold in the right button, use that to scroll through and the left is to change the value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My daughter's just got a 57-plate 307, (CAN-bus), also with an aftermarket head unit and no stalk interface cable (as yet). Confirmed you can't set the time via PP2000 yesterday.:eek:

Can anyone confirm the above posts, which imply fitting the interface cable will allow access to the MFD menu(s), AND allow you to set the clock?

TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
why a steering wheel interface

why a steering wheel interface its not a new radio, it has to be set through the radio controls of the car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Clarification

Hi all,

Just in case anybody didn't understand what has been said already, heres a clarification (for all Peugeot 307 - 2005 onwards models):

Before I begin, when I say 'stalk', I mean the controls connected to the steering wheel which control functions of the radio, such as volume up and down etc.

So if the original factory stereo is removed form the vehicle (or replaced with an aftermarket stereo), there is no way of changing the date/time in the display (or accessing the display menu) as the buttons to do this are integrated into the factory stereo. In addition, the factory fitted parking sensors (if fitted) and stalk controls will stop working.

The solution in short is to purchase an adapter which will allow you to control the display menu from the stalk (yes, from the steering stalk as defined above). In addition, the adapter activates the parking sensor beeping when reversing and also allows the stalk controls to control the various functions of the radio.

Please note that your aftermarket stereo may need to have an input for steering controls, to make the volume up/down and change track work via stalk controls. The display menu should work even without this.

How does it do this you ask?
Well in a nutshell, the adapter takes certain signals from the factory harness and inputs them via CAN BUS and other technical jargon into the correct variables which makes everything work hunky dory.

So what is the great adapter you ask?
The one that has been recommended on this thread is an adapter by 'Connect2', the model number of the adapter is "CTHPE01". eBay or Google this model number for more info. It costs around £90.

There are other manufacturers such as Autoleads and the like which offer similar adapters at a cheaper price, however they have been known to stop working after a while.

I hope that clarifies the matter for anyone with minimal knowhow regarding these things. And I apologise for any mistakes in this post, I'm sure I'll be corrected by some of the more knowledgable users.

:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a video of me showing how to do it on a dynavin unit

Pls can you share again the video because it's marked as private?
I have a Peugeot 207 / 2007 and don't have the original radio but I have the radio controls with the steering wheel. Any help to update the date and time?

Thanks

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
You need an interface to send the signals from your stalk control to your head unit otherwise you CANNOT do it so basically if you can use the original stalk control to turn volume up etc on your aftermarket radio then you should be able to access the menus.

If you cannot turn volume up etc with the stalk then you cannot set the clock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts