Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a 2 button keyfob then it means you 206 has a factory fitted alarm.

To set it:

Press the BIG button then WITHIN 5 SECONDS press the SMALL button.

The small button activates the deadlocks and internal sensors.

The deadlocks mean you will not be able to manually lift the locks from inside the car so please do not deadlock if you are leaving someone in there for a sec!

If you just press the big button, then only the central locking activates.

If for example, you are leaving a dog inside the car, there is a button by the handbrake with a symbol on it. Press it for 5 seconds before setting the deadlocks. This will disable the ultrasonic sensors so the movement of the dog inside the car will not set the alarm off.

G

·
The procedure is correct, but...the last gen 206s all came with the 2 buttom fob similar to the 207s, and like the lower spec 207s with the 2 button fob the alarm was not a standard fitment. T'was a cost option. You got that fob whether you had it or not.

I think the 2 button rule holds true for the phII 206s though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@chopper1192

yes I know what you mean, the new multiplexed 206's came with the more rectangular shaped key like the 207 you say. I wasnt aware they gave you the 2 button key if you had the alarm or not though :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2001-model 206 GLX has 2 buttons on the key - pressing the big one locks, deadlocks and alarms the car. Little button unlocks the car. If I press the little button within 5 seconds of pressing the big one it just unlocks the car as normal. I can however press the big button twice which deactivates the deadlocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
Im New do you know why when i use the fob it unlocks all the car but i have to put key in the drivers door to lock it i must admit i was fiddling with the smaller button on it so i know ive done something hubby not happy lol
any help glady appreciate

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
DJ206 said:
The deadlocks mean you will not be able to manually lift the locks from inside the car so please do not deadlock if you are leaving someone in there for a sec!
thats the whole fun of deadlocking the car...then again i always leave the car deadlocked, alarm is activated on mine for the bonnet and the emergency release in boot. could be the same for peugeots:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to my peugeot dealership for something when i was there i asked if my car came with an alarm and they said if it has the internal sensors at each side of the front window screen then it does, bought a 2 plip 206 key and found instructions to re-programme, but it doesn't seem to work :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do I check it has an alarm?!
I have a two fob key so pressing the big button makes the indicators flash once and then the little one makes a clunk and the indictators lights remain on a little longer.

We tried the deadlock whilst inside the car but no alarm went off - I REALLY want to hear my alarm....then at least I know what to listen out for when it goes off.

Please someone tell me how to make the alarm go off and if I am actually deadlocking the car?

Oh and what does deadlocking actually mean?!?!?!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Didn't realise what second little button on fob was for and don't have mystery button near handbrake. However little button did set deadlock and armed alarm, even have little red light flashing on dash near hazard light switch.

However, 30 minutes or so later all hell broke loose when alarm went off for no apparent reason. Cancelled alarm with fob but red light continued to flash until I turned on the ignition.

Its a convertible, I checked all doors including boot and bonnet were secure and roof is closed and locked down correctly.

I don't know if relevant but Peugeot stereo has been replaced with Kenwood unit and boot lid does not unlock when remote key fob is used.

Brought car for wife she was chuffed when she found out about alarm but now doesn't want to set it and is worried about leaving car with roof open.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Is it a door alarm or proximity sensors alarm?

By any chance did a vehicle go by and it went off? I got a little trick when driving buses, hit a speed bump or pot hole next to a car and it will set the alarm off. Really funny when the owner is out after second trying to figure put what is wrong haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hahaha, John, I used to do that trick when bored on the late shift, but you don't need the speed hump or pothole, just drive a double decker fast and close enough to create a 'bow wave' of slipstream, the parked car (BL Metros were best) then 'rocks' and an over sensitive alarm would start waking up the neighbourhood.......

Another tale from Benny's misspent youth!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Hahaha i'll give that ago. We got a few old volvos in the depot..the new ones are far too light so even if a slight breeze get you it writes the journey off as traumatic haha

Did you have one of those blacked out cabs and where it had to be exact change? Similar to edinburgh? Newcastle had it but they got rid when ze germans came lol

Im back out in me bus today doing metro replacement service. Easy £

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
705 Posts
No blacked out bus cabs in Glasgow,John, but exact change or no change given, all money had to be deposited in a vault on the platform, to prevent driver assault and robbery. The bus industry took a dump back in the '80's when Thatcher and Ridley got their hands on it, from a staff/employee point of view working conditions steadily deteriorated to the point where many drivers, including me, just took a walk, never to return.

In the good old days when I started driving, the buses were mainly half-cab with the open door at the back and a pretty conductress for driver entertainment on the late shifts, these buses were all scrapped by 1980 and replaced with Volvos and Leylands. one person operated.

To get back on topic, I don't think most car alarms now are as sensitive as the older designs, and my 2007 206 doesn't have one, I think that's pretty much standard now because to steal a modern car, thieves first have to steal the keys by breaking into somebody's house.

So, your trick of wafting past a parked car with the decker might not work for much longer, but for boredom relief try this Benny trick.....

On the last run to the depot on late shift, stop the empty bus just behind a Gatso camera, obscuring it from view by traffic approaching from behind, then watch as all the late night drink/drug drivers, white vans etc etc all breeze past and get their two flashes hahaha.....

I'm going into hiding now!!

Benny.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
My key, big button locks and indicators 1 long flash light on dash blinks around once every second
Small button unlocks and indicators flash 8 or 9 times light on dash goes out.
Do I have an alarm?
I have tried leaving a window open and opening the door when its locked and dash light flashing but no alarm

Hope someone can help and thanks for looking

1 - 20 of 21 Posts