Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I've recently bought a used Peugeot 308cc with cruise control but am completely bamboozled by it: assuming it is working correctly, can someone please give me a step by step guide to setting a speed of , say 70?
I've got the handbook, which tells me what the buttons are, but does not explain how to set a speed. On my last car, you just lifted the cc stalk when the desired speed was reached, and it was set.

·
Registered
92 Posts
2 buttons on back of stalk + and -
just press one to activate cruise (must be in a least 4th gear doing 30 or above)

then this will set your speed your doing at time of pressing
say you doing 40mph then youll see 40mph in dash
to increase your speed just press the + button to desired speed

once you press brake pedal this will cancel cruise
then to reactive press button on end of stalk to resume at the set speed
you have in dash

·
Registered
213 Posts
There's a little wheel oh the cruise control stalk which has three settings, cruise control, off or speed limiter, don't forget to actually turn that to cruise control, then follow the instructions in the post above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warning triangle in disply?

Thanks, both: I've tried this, but get a representation of the speedo with a warning triangle over it on the display - gues it's not working.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, both: I've tried this, but get a representation of the speedo with a warning triangle over it on the display - gues it's not working.....
I've just purchased a 308 and had similar issues figuring out the cruise control. When the warning triangle appears look at the stereo display in the centre dash, that sometimes has a text message to what's wrong. From my own experience that warning is something like "Cannot turn cruse control on because the cruise control speed is to far off the current speed of the car".

I found the best way to figure out the CC was:

* Turn the CC dial so CC is of
* On a quite road get to 30 mph in 5th (mines a 6 speed gearbox)
* turn the CC dial so CC is on then
* remove foot from accelerator and
* press the + on the CC stalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got there......

:thumb:
I now have it working, thank you all for the help.
Ive also discovered that pressing the - button sets the cc to current speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts