Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People,
Does yours servo pump make a noise like bzzzzz. It is electrical pump and maybe this is normal?
Oil in servo pump is on maximum, no bubbles, no power steering problem, just bzzzzz....
Yours experience please.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
People,
Does yours servo pump make a noise like bzzzzz. It is electrical pump and maybe this is normal?
Oil in servo pump is on maximum, no bubbles, no power steering problem, just bzzzzz....
Yours experience please.
Perheps I did not translate correctly...servo pump=power steering pump

·
5,028 Posts
Is the fluid level ok ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the fluid level ok ??
Yes it is.
Power steering is ok, no oil leaking, no hardness just pump make zzzzzzzzz. It is electrical pump so maybe this is ok? If you have 407, your pump make a sound or it is without any noise?

·
5,028 Posts
My 407 pump doesn't make a noise is the noise just when you move the steering wheel or all the time??
Is it bonnet up or down when you can hear the noise ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My 407 pump doesn't make a noise is the noise just when you move the steering wheel or all the time??
Is it bonnet up or down when you can hear the noise ??
All the time. I hear pump and when bonnet is down.

Is your pump a electrical?

·
5,028 Posts
Yes my 407 pump is electrical and makes no noise

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi bucho,

I had this problem last year when I disconnected the battery and reconnected it without following the 3 minute rule! I topped up the fluid above the recommended level (plenty of info on here about that) and followed the 3 min rule-" after turning off ignition allow the bsi to sleep before removing the battery" charged the battery reconnected and no probs since.

I posted a thread on here somewhere "Fully charged battery" may be of some help :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi bucho,

I had this problem last year when I disconnected the battery and reconnected it without following the 3 minute rule! I topped up the fluid above the recommended level (plenty of info on here about that) and followed the 3 min rule-" after turning off ignition allow the bsi to sleep before removing the battery" charged the battery reconnected and no probs since.

I posted a thread on here somewhere "Fully charged battery" may be of some help :thumb:
Thanks for respond to all.
Today I will record sound of my pump and give you a link. So please listen it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi bucho,

what a great and useful link that is :thumb: the sound is very similar to the one I had, just top up the fluid level in the power steering res, above what is recommended, leave the bonnet open and after the car has been started and running turn off engine and take the keys out of the ignition, close the door don't lock the car, and wait for a full 3 minutes for the bsi to go to sleep, 5 minutes if you are over cautious, then disconnect the leads to the battery, wait another 5 minutes replace leads, key in ignition turn on wait for all the checks to be completed and try it, if the noise is still there its not worked :( but that's another possible solution eliminated, you need to keep looking, you could also try to fully recharge the battery, I did, it worked for me :nod:, (please make sure bonnet down & car secure if you recharge overnight :D)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi bucho,

what a great and useful link that is :thumb: the sound is very similar to the one I had, just top up the fluid level in the power steering res, above what is recommended, leave the bonnet open and after the car has been started and running turn off engine and take the keys out of the ignition, close the door don't lock the car, and wait for a full 3 minutes for the bsi to go to sleep, 5 minutes if you are over cautious, then disconnect the leads to the battery, wait another 5 minutes replace leads, key in ignition turn on wait for all the checks to be completed and try it, if the noise is still there its not worked :( but that's another possible solution eliminated, you need to keep looking, you could also try to fully recharge the battery, I did, it worked for me :nod:, (please make sure bonnet down & car secure if you recharge overnight :D)
Hi,

I tried that yestrday folowing a rouls but did not work. Still make a bzzzzz.
Maybe it could be a battery because my battery is almoust 7 years old (first battery in car).

Ahh...sorry on my bad english, I hope that you understend me.

All best

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It could be a old or unpropriate oil in power steering system. Anybody know where is a place (on power steering system) for leaking all old oil?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts