Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello, im new to the forum..

On a project to service my 607... Have already changed the oil, the air filter and the cabin filter.. However, the fuel filter remains..

Spent hours finding where it was and found it eventually.. Its a black assembly with a twist open lid..

I havent changed the filter before so im very new to this.. I have tried googling it but no luck.. some website suggest there is a danger of air getting into the system so dont want to risk it..

I have got the replacement filter but wanted advice before changing it..

My question is

  • do I drain out the system? if so do I clamp the pipes?
  • on replacement, do I fill it up with diesel or leave it empty for the pump to fill it in..
  • what precaution do I need to take?

Please help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
sOrTeD said:
hello, im new to the forum..

On a project to service my 607... Have already changed the oil, the air filter and the cabin filter.. However, the fuel filter remains..

Spent hours finding where it was and found it eventually.. Its a black assembly with a twist open lid..

I havent changed the filter before so im very new to this.. I have tried googling it but no luck.. some website suggest there is a danger of air getting into the system so dont want to risk it..

I have got the replacement filter but wanted advice before changing it..

My question is

  • do I drain out the system? if so do I clamp the pipes?
  • on replacement, do I fill it up with diesel or leave it empty for the pump to fill it in..
  • what precaution do I need to take?

Please help
alright mate, welcome to the forum..

yes, you do drain the filter in a clear jar so you can see any water residue etc

when you replace the filter, fill it up with diesel or treatment, I reckon FORTE Diesel treatment to clean the injectors (dont worry it wont effect the Particle filter)

Precautions !!

be careful when you take the pipes off.. dont pull. Simply push the plugs in and pull the pipe out. Then simply twist if anti clockwise.. thats it..

gimme a shout if you need any help..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate.. Appreciate ur prompt and precise reply.. Unlike some people who post clock and make no sense.

One other thing, do i have to clamp the pipes to avoid air in the system..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
sOrTeD said:
thanks mate.. Appreciate ur prompt and precise reply.. Unlike some people who post clock and make no sense.

One other thing, do i have to clamp the pipes to avoid air in the system..
as advised, no need to clamp the pipes.. the air gets into the system if you dont fill up with diesel or treatment after replacement..

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys..

Bluetyler just read ur signature, could i ask u a huge favor? If u could copy and paste the filter changing procedure please from the servicebox?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
bluetyler said:
If I knew how i would but i dont, sorry.
lol.. thats a good one.. :lol:

Sorted bigman.. PM me ur email and I'll send it tomorrow..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks scot.. Got the pm and was quite useful with step by step instruction..

Cheers, obviously the "full servicebox" is not any good when u dont know how to use it.. Lol..

Replaced the filter today, thanks.. This forum is gr8
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
sOrTeD said:
thanks scot.. Got the pm and was quite useful with step by step instruction..

Cheers, obviously the "full servicebox" is not any good when u dont know how to use it.. Lol..

Replaced the filter today, thanks.. This forum is gr8
nae worries, glad to be of help..

let us know if you need any help..

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,731 Posts
Blue i find if you open a diagram/s in the service box then right click on it , save it to your computer then when you post you can upload the picture at that point , hope that helps.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top