Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am getting set up ot servie my car, it has done around 58000 and is due soon, think around 1500 or something like that, ill have that done in a few weeks so thought i would start searching for bits.

Great news about the servicxe interval, i found it on this website - Thank you

I have got:-

Oil
Oil filter
Air filter,

If there anything else i need, i have read that at 75k there is a bigger service interval needed, i cant find anything in my book to say what needs changing?

Sorry if there is a sticky on the forum, i have searched but must have missed it,

Cheers
MIke

G

·
It all depends on how it's been serviced before. Coolant, fuel fiter, aircon filter, and brake fluid are all pretty important if it's a big service.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
I usually do oil, oil filter,airfilter, pollen filter (if dirty) and fuel filter (every 30k), but as chopper says depends if you`ve had it long and know what has been done already,
you`re probably looking at the sevice interval of your timing belt being around 140k but i would think a good idea is to get it done before that,they say if you do a lot of town driving it comes down to an interval of 96k,
personally i get mine done around 70k.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers very much, i am torn between doing ti myself and getting the garage down the road, they owe me a few favours so i may check on how much they say, bet they do it around £50, if so ill get them to do it! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Everyone, i havent been on here for a very long time but am looking to get it serviced next weekend, the car has had full service history from dealers, i dont know exactly what was done, they prob just did the basic stuff!

With my car it has ben serviced every 10k however i have been told it can go every 2k? I am now doing a lot of motorway miles (25k a year) so dont want to service the car 3 times a year, i have also read it cam be done every 20k? Is this right?

So if i do the below:-

Oil
Oil filter
Air filter,
Coolant check
fuel fiter,
Polen filter,
aircon filter,
Brake fluid and check breaks

Anything else?

·
Registered
387 Posts
thegman said:
Hi Everyone, i havent been on here for a very long time but am looking to get it serviced next weekend, the car has had full service history from dealers, i dont know exactly what was done, they prob just did the basic stuff!

With my car it has ben serviced every 10k however i have been told it can go every 2k? I am now doing a lot of motorway miles (25k a year) so dont want to service the car 3 times a year, i have also read it cam be done every 20k? Is this right?

So if i do the below:-

Oil
Oil filter
Air filter,
Coolant check
fuel fiter,
Polen filter,
aircon filter,
Brake fluid and check breaks

Anything else?
What 307 are you running, 136, 110, 90 hdi or petrol?

Generally speaking your service intervals will be every 12,000 miles or every year whichever comes first. If like you said you will be doing 25,000 miles then you will require 2 services a year.

Cambelt to be done every 5 years or 70,000 miles & replacement of particulate filter every 80,000 (ish), service manual for yours says it's to be done at 110,000 miles. Particulate will actually last longer with motorway journeys.

thegman said:
If i get this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/307-2-0-HDi-1...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cabd748f3

And some oil that would be it wouldnt it?

Also - i have never replaced the polen filter and fuel filter, is it difficult to do?
I would recommend that you actually purchase your service kit from Peugeot (inc oil) as there was very little difference in price & at least you will have peace of mind knowing that you have the right filters & oil, I got all the filters - Air / Pollen / Fuel / oil from Peugeot for £55 & a 5ltr tub of Total Quartz Anti Pollution 5W30 oil from Peugeot for £31 . In the 136hdi most of the filters are quite easy to replace, oil filter is in an awkward position, fuel filter is just underneath the engine cover and you just unscrew the top (spanner required) and replace the old filter. The filter just underneath the driver side windscreen just needs a bit of a pull to get out but other than that all is OK. Obviously you still need to check your brakes (fluid/ discs & pads) coolant etc...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi, i have the 136 model, i will price up the parts seperately and see, a few people have told me 12 but i have seen a few say 20k with the 136 model.

my car has done 63k, you reckon i will also need a cam belt or could i give it a bit longer?? cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi all, i have done everything bar the fuel filter, can i just check is it in the same place as the 307 1.4 in the sticky, if so i am guessing i dont need to remove the battery!!

Cheers everyone

·
Registered
387 Posts
The fuel filter on my facelift xsi hdi is underneath the engine cover(front and to the left) if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my oil filter was there with a 24mm i think nut o the top - you worried me then so i went t check what filteri took out and it wa the same one :)

Ill have a search on here and see if there are any pics??

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you were right, i was thick, it was on the top, opened, replaced, now the car wont start??

Well it started and then stopped, seems like fuel isnt going through, i am leaving it for a whe, primed it??

If you know of anything else please let me know, Cheers everyone :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fixed it!

I undid the connections, plugged back in, primed, left for 3 mins and then it started no problem

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts