Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Readers,

I needed to replace the following lubricants on a 307CC 2004/54 reg 2.0 L petrol MANUAL engine but not able to find how many liters of each is needed.

Engine - 5W40 - 5.5 Liters
Brake Fluid - DOT4 - ?? Liters
Coolant: PROCOR TM108/GLYSANTIN G33 or REVKOGEL 2000 ?? Liters
Gear Box Oil: - 75W80 - ?? Liters

Is there any differential oil to be changed too??

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

S

·
11,790 Posts
I can probably check my Haynes manual for capacities later and let you know.

I would guess that the brake fluid is about a litre and the coolant 5.5 litres.

What winds me up is that most places are now selling oil in 4L containers. Is that so they can charge you extra for that other litre you need?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
am with you on that Gibbo! thats why i get the 5L mobile 1 but i always get a 1L topup just to keep in the house tho i have 2 of the 1L as ive never needed to top up my oil much so i just get the 5L oil now,

Engine Oil:
2.0...: 4 Litres

Cooling System:
2.0...: 6.4 Litres

Transmission Oil:
2.0...: 1.9 Litres

Power Streering:
2.0...: 0.8 Litres

·
Registered
1 Posts
Transmission oil

Hi Folks
When I changed the oil in my daughters 307 I removed a mounting bolt in the bottom and 2 litres (almost exactly) came out.

It was very light and I suspect that the viscosity is the reason for premature failures of these gearboxes. (they should last longer than the engine at least).

We had the box overhauled as it was about to disintergrate and the OEM oil was put in it.

I will allow it to run with this for a while and then replace it with a slightly heavier fully synthetic oil.

It is not a big job. The new oil can be added with a funnell with a piece of plastic hose from above. I used 1/2" plastic irrigation pipe from the hardware shop.

I readily accept that some people will say that we should stay with the OEM oil as it was specified by engineers for the purpose. I disagree. There is no point doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

As a retired Diesel Fitter working a wide range of temperatures I know that we should select the best oil for the task, not necessarily the origional one specified in France.

I drive a 505GTD with about 350,000km on it and I changed the clutch at about 250,000km but had no reason to work on the gearbox.

Hope that this helps
Hutchie

·
Registered
673 Posts
I readily accept that some people will say that we should stay with the OEM oil as it was specified by engineers for the purpose. I disagree. There is no point doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

As a retired Diesel Fitter working a wide range of temperatures I know that we should select the best oil for the task, not necessarily the origional one specified in France.

I drive a 505GTD with about 350,000km on it and I changed the clutch at about 250,000km but had no reason to work on the gearbox.

Hope that this helps
Hutchie
What he said......:nod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts