Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I post here as it seems to be more active than e2008, but I phoned Peugeot because my car started saying service due in 1500miles when I got to 3000 miles. Only had the car since December. They told me to bring it in as it likely need resetting.

After being told it will take 20 mins, 45 mins later they emerged to say that actually the car does need a service, and that apparently the car calculates when it needs a service based on how its driven. Now I do drive everyday up the motorway as I work on the go. Has anyone else come across this?

Where this will be interesting is I left it with them to be serviced today, but even the service guy said he is not sure what happens with the maintenance/service charge I added into my monthly cost (because its a lease car) in that it may now have to be serviced every 4500miles which could mean at least twice a year. One thing for sure is I don't care how many times it gets serviced, I wont be paying etc as I had it included in my monthly contract.

Anyone else had or heard of this?

On a another note, I did get the e208 as a courtesy car. Very different drive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds very odd to me, such a short service schedule. Have they told what they are actualy doing to the car? After such a low mileage and time, there can't be anything that actually needs doing. :unsure:

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The rep did say there was not much to do/look at and they a health check and all was given back okay. Oddly enough the e208 I had also had service light on and that had only done 6000 miles. Again I was told the car calculates how it is driven to when it should have a service. I do a lot of motorway driving and drive it almost every day so I guess it came around quicker because the amount of long driving I do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like a money making scheme to me. Maybe an email to Which? OFT/Trading Standards and SMMT will be necessary. Surely fewer moving parts, no oil/filter change, no plugs and points, no timing belts etc etc should mean longer service intervals.

Did they do a firmware update on your e2008? Or does it already have the latest? I ask because apparently the range predictor is updated with latest firmware and it is apparently more accurate that the stab in the dark my range guessometer shows.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well money side it shouldn't affect me because I got a maintenance/service agreement as part of the lease, but I do understand where you are coming from.

I am not sure, is there anyway to check? I did oddly say that e208 range predictor on the courtesy car seemed more stable than mine, but then mine was not terrible either. I will report back in a few days as to how its performing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Think I've worked out the issue here.

Service schedule says due at 4971 miles which equals 8000 km. Service interval was previously 8000 miles

The app says I've done 1947 miles when my odometer shows I've done 3133 miles. Actually 1947 km equals 3133 miles.

I guess the app developers have screwed up the conversion of miles/km in a big way. But hey, the whole app is screwed up big anyway.

Wonder if this is just a UK (miles) anomaly. Won't bother raising an issue because they don't seem to listen.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Picked up in another forum

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the app developers have screwed up the conversion of miles/km in a big way. But hey, the whole app is screwed up big anyway.
Oddly I have never had an issue with the app connecting to the car or using the pre heat part of the app, even get accurate readings of how many miles/battery the car has, but the service part has not changed from 35miles "today" reading since I got it lol. And there is no way to change it. It doesn't seem to have updated to know I have already had a service.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Oddly I have never had an issue with the app connecting to the car or using the pre heat part of the app, even get accurate readings of how many miles/battery the car has, but the service part has not changed from 35miles "today" reading since I got it lol. And there is no way to change it. It doesn't seem to have updated to know I have already had a service.
You can manually ‘declare a service’ in the app and enter the date, mileage and cost, along with notes eg tyre wear. I used to do this, but in my case it appears to be the only part of the app that does work these days.

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Aww yes found it thank you.

Edited. - So turns out the maintenance section doesn't work for me. I enter manually the details in and it doesn't update, it just spins to say updating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts