Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently brought a 307 sw se 1.6 2004 reg and was wondering if there is any way to check its service record,just wanted to know if it will need timing belt replacing soon done 64000 miles
Also the car only came with one key and no code card, i really want to get a spare key, as i am very prone to loesing my keys, will i have to go to peugeot dealer

By the way the handy tips are brilliant , had fun trying the ones out that i didnt know about:lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,745 Posts
If you go to the dealer they will be able to fill you in about services carried out by peugeot. The key thing could be trickier.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I recently bought an 07 307SW 1.6Hdi with 90K on the clock and a full PMD service history.

Luckily because mine was ex-lease, I have a computer printout of pretty much everything fitted to the car since birth .....Peugeot can also access all that as well as said further up though

I rang my local Peugeot dealer to ask what the recommended cam belt change was and they told me ten years or 144K miles.....I am minded to change early though as a broken belt usually means a broken engine.

Main Dealer prices quoted for the job were £313 for timing and auxiliary belts and 3£47 for both belts and (cant remember what else they said) changing at the same time, both including VAT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys , iam only worried about timing belt as that is what happend to my last car , it snapped while i was driving knackerd everything up :eek:
do you know how much peugeot charge for looking at car history
i have got a few quotes for key and code looks like around £140

1 - 4 of 4 Posts