Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As the title says I am doing the cars service for the first time in my ownership (2007 1.6 hdi 110. It has 80k miles.
I am relatively confident on doing the routine stuff myself but have a few questions related to my mileage and my engine.

Oil- does my car have a dpf? and does it need the low ash oil?
If so is 5w30 the general consensus for acceptable type of oil?

Mileage- I am only doing around 2-3k miles a year and the journey consists of a 60mile commute and then the car sits for up to 2 weeks before it is returned the same 60 miles home......

Is it still recommended to change oil, air filter fuel filter etc yearly even though this mileage is being done?

Final question- I intent on replacing:
Oil and filter
Air filter
Fuel filter
Pollen filter

Is there anything I have missed or you recommend.

Apologies for the long post and thank you all for any help and suggestions given in advance.

George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input I’ll add brake fluid and a bleeding machine to my list I believe they are. Heap enough nowadays.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its a 110 it most likely DOES have a DPF and at 80k miles the fluid will be getting low depending on its previous use.

The DPF does not really need any special attention contrary to what most believe it needs the fluid kept topped up and the counters reset at the time of top up it also needs driven PROPERLY giving it some revs regularly not driving around under 2k revs all the time.

Most DPF issues are self inflicted by the owners ignoring fluid warnings and driving like grampas.

I would change the oil yearly regardless of mileage as these engines get full of carbon quickly and this then contaminates the oil which then goes on to kill the turbo again turbo failures tend to be self inflicted the engine can be reliable if treated with respect i have seen them with 300k miles still on original turbo with 6k mile services.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies people.
I will purchase low ash content oil and look into the dpf possibly being refilled.

Anyone have any particular places to get good deals on the service items or is it the usual eBay, eurocarparts kind of places about the cheapest?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts