Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this post comes up twice (perhaps the first is in holding as I'm a new member) or if the subject has been done over and over already. Hopefully my experience this weekend will add another dimension or more detail?

We've ordered a new 3008 1.2 petrol manual GT Line with pano. The car's built so hopefully delivery this weekend.

The dealer wants £761.74 for their 3 year service plan. Seems high against £700 for 5 years on a Jag F-Pace 3.0S V6d and £12.99pcm/ £155 per service/ £467 quoted on Peugeot's website, this I thought was 'Optiway'?

Anyhow, I called Peugeot to check, they put me thru to EMAC who referred me back to the dealer to check if they accept their Peugeot Service plans. I then called the Service Manager at the dealer who stated they did but Peugeot Service Plan services are more an annual check as opposed to their more thorough service at what would be £253 per service based on this plan. I then informed the dealer my wife does c.7k p.a. not their quoted 16,000 mile/ 12 month interval and the dealer Service Manager requoted their plan at £641 for 3 services so £213 each.

I'm now torn on whether to go with

- the transferrable and cheaper EMAC service plan and potentially get a less thorough service from my or any other dealer?

- Go with the dealer's service plan

- Leave it and see which Pug dealer is best and cheapest at the time each year bearing in mind there's potentially no saving here anyhow at the dealers £213 3 year plan per service price

Thoughts welcome!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Similar conundrum here. I was quoted somewhere in the region of £650 for a 3-year plan for a 1.6 THP GT Line, approx 12,000 miles per year. Far more than I was expecting, considering Peugeot advertise £13.99 per month for all models.

I don't know how dealers arrive at these figures. I think they just pluck a figure out of the air, and hope you won't question it and just plump for it.

Who really knows whether you get more for your money by choosing the dealer's plan? And if so, how much more do you get for your money?

The thing to consider is how long are you plan to keep the car, and whether you're on a PCP deal. I'd say, if you're on a three-year PCP and intend on handing the car back/swapping the vehicle after those three years, just go for the cheaper option, get the stamp in your service log, and tick the boxes.

If you're more concerned about how your car is treated and intend to keep it for a while, you may get more peace of mind choosing the more expensive option – not because the dealer will necessarily do more during the service, but you have the psychological feeling that they're taking care of your car, and feel more at ease.

Not an easy choice, I know.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/service-plans-279362/

Not sure if you've seen the above posts and the links within it?

I have the Optiway service plan which allows me to have my 3008 serviced at any UK Peugeot dealer. There seems to be a general reluctance to quote the reasonable prices for this plan, rather that dealers continue to prefer to push you towards the dealer specific Emac plans.

The pricing for the Optiway plan was up until recently listed on the UK price guide/brochure.

I seem to recall people suggesting that Robins and Day dealers, which is where my 3008 came from, are better for getting the preferential pricing and actually taking out an Optiway plan.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is there a Robins and Day close by - they have to quote the Peugeot price of £13.99 which is what I pay.

The cost for the first service on my 208GTI was £187 and the second is £300 so it should be a better deal at £13.99 per month

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Just get more than 1 dealer competing for your custom to buy the car, I did that on one of my vehicles and got 3 years free servicing

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am not from the UK, therefore I am not sure what service plans are there.

I was quoted an equivalent of £65pm for "just add fuel" type of service (4 years). I saw someone mentioning £14pm for something similar in the UK. Is it really that much more in my country? Or it's just different level of service?

The plan I am talking about means that I don't have to pay for anything (fluids, parts, labour) for 4 years, I only have to buy winter tyres.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts